The Songfactors Choice Top Ten #52

OLD 55

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the sounds of the posts here, we might need an 80s top ten soon (although it would be better to see an 80s song beat competition from 60s/70s/90s songs). :)

I think the lack of 80s success can mostly be attributed to the lack of people in their 30s who do these top tens. Where are they all?

By the sounds of the posts here, we might need an 80s top ten soon (although it would be better to see an 80s song beat competition from 60s/70s/90s songs). :)

I think the lack of 80s success can mostly be attributed to the lack of people in their 30s who do these top tens. Where are they all?

I agree with your assumption about the ages of our members who participate chris, and the lack of 80's success. I truly believe that is the reason.

I don't agree that we should have an 80's top ten however. It's not that songs from the 80's haven't been nominated, they just don't make the cut. If the songs aren't good enough (in the opinion of the member's that do participate), then they aren't good enough! Simple as that. We just have to find the songs that are good enough. Those are just my thoughts on the subject! :P

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #52 for the week ending 4th March 2007

1. Roundabout - Yes (1972)

2. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden (1994)

3. Sister Golden Hair - America (1973)

4. Nothing From Nothing - Billy Preston (1974)

5. I Don't Like Mondays - Boomtown Rats (1979)

6. What's Up - 4 Non Blondes (1992)

7. Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America (1995)

8. (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Öyster Cult (1976)

9. Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In - The 5th Dimension (1969)

10.Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi (1986)

Top Ten #53 is now open! :)

I believe I've heard a rumor about some sort of Eighties campaign!!? :thumbsup: