The Songfactors Choice Top Ten #52

OLD 55

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Up ~ 4 Non Blondes (Video)

One of the best One-Hit Wonders ever! Today Linda Perry is a very succesful songwriter / producer and even more important: she has the same birthday as me :grin:

So you were a little 8 year old rocker when the song came out. I can't believe that it's over 13 years old. I reckon I'll find a place for it in my Ten ! Good song.

And I'll listen to the Norah Jones one also. It's a good idea to link a clip, because sometimes I don't always know a song by name but do know it when I hear it.

:)

I thought Shawna had boo booed with America. I'm sure I nominated A Horse With No Name but it looks like it missed the Ten. I hope Sister Golden Hair makes it this time around.

Hank Williams, the greatest C & W singer/songwriter of them all ! I have Your Cheatin' Heart on my Lista, Phil. Jambalaya is a Classic too.

No comment from Namahage on the anime video set to the music of The 5th Dimension's Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In. And I put it specially to woo his 10 Points. It's from the Stage Musical 'Hair'.

The trouble with it was that you couldn't tell the men from the women because they didn't wear clothes. I mean women wear dresses and men wear shirts and slacks, right ?

And for anyone who doesn't know b-f's nomination (below) of South African Group Clout's 1978 Pop Hit Substitute, please have a listen. It's a GREAT song.

Oh, I saw that you posted the video, and I watched it and stuff before I put my nominations down. It's not a bad song, though I can't guarantee it a place in my Top Ten just yet.

And while the video technically is anime, I personally don't really consider it that since it's a video game. awesomevp0.gif

EDIT: Oh, and yeah, some video games have rather androgynous characters in them. Particularly ones made by that artist. :P

Yeah, if you've heard of the PlayStation 2, it's on that. Not quite a computer game, but it's along the same lines. You plug it into your system and play it and stuff.

Interestingly, the game, Kingdom Hearts, is a coupling of one of the video game industry's biggest video game franchises and Disney. They put the two things together into a new game while including characters from both groups, which explains why Donald and Goofy are in there. Pretty bizarre stuff, but it actually worked out fairly well. vawesomevp0.gif>

I thought Shawna had boo booed with America. I'm sure I nominated A Horse With No Name but it looks like it missed the Ten. I hope Sister Golden Hair makes it this time around.

I nominated "Sister Golden Hair" very early on last year Darryl. It missed the ten by just a few votes. I'll vote for it again! ;)

Kingdom Hearts is probably one of the most brilliant things Disney has done in the past decade. Those two games may be the best I've ever played.

I've only played the first, but it's definitely one of my favorite games. Very solid production, good development, and all that. Final Fantasy 6 is by far my favorite, though. <awesomevp0.gif> Ah, SNES, what an amazing system you were.

Hi Lucky. :)

Yes, it'll be in my Ten unless some other really great nominations come.

There's a lot of good U.S. Bands of the 70s that don't do well in our voting for some reason: America (who met in the UK, but their career was in the U.S.) and Chicago (who inspired the Band name 'America') spring to mind.

Even The Eagles have had a lot of noms miss out.

You're right Darryl, Ben Gibbard has one of the coziest voices in modern pop.

And if you're looking for something else by them, try "Soul Meets Body" or "Crooked Teeth". They're both excellent songs, and the full band format might take away some of that understandable feeling of darkness that you got out of I'll Follow You, Laurie.