20 Worst Lyrics

Levis

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Humble Pie, quite a few of their lyrics are just stupid.

You smell like a field

Cow-******* in the midsummer sun

I must have been mad

But I gave you all the bread that I had

(Ooh, that's bad)

Please shave your legs

Come on, put down that horse and behave

:stars:

I love this one. I always crank up the volume when this song comes on just to hear that line. :grin:

I quite like the song, though.

L LOVE this song but have to admit this lyric has never stood out to me until now

I guess cacti wouldn't have fitted in

I wouldn't say worst EVER, but it definitely sucks. Welcome, Slim Green Lizard.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :rockon:

Thank you, I named myself after Iggy Pop's first band (their song Again and Again is one of my all time favourite songs)

A lyric I really really hate the line from Nirvana's 'Heart Shaped Box' about eating cancer -so bad I can't even quote it as it turns my stomach

Ruins what is otherwise a rather good song

Hi everyone *waves*

The worst lyric ever is from those musical pirates Oasis

Slowly walking down the hall faster than a cannonball

er..yeah...right :crazy:

I love that song...and I don't think the lyrics are bad either, but I suppose that's subjective.

Why musical pirates, though?

Edited by Guest

I don't know.... I think 'Musical Pirates' is a bit harsh. For one thing the kind of music they are compared to in that article - that by the Verve, Stereophonics and even the Beatles - is very similar to the kind of music they make anyway. As for chord similarities, these songs usually have quite a basic chord structure, so it's unlikely that any song has an entirely unique chord pattern. Least of all bands like the Beatles which relied on such simple melodies.

The term is better suited to a 'band' like Limp Bizkit which pretty much lives off maiming other songs. The Who, George Michael, The Verve, Motley Crue, The Who (again).... no one is safe. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I admit they copied, thanks for the link by the way.

Still, as Radhi said, I think saying they're musical 'pirates' is a bit much--they copied, but no band can get this far by just changing other bands' songs round a bit.

Which band doesn't copy? perhaps not to this extent, but Oasis are neither the first nor the last band to do so.

Edited by Guest

Do these lyrics really describe how someone feels when they are in love?????? :doh:

I get weak when I look at you

Weak when we touch

I can't speak when I look in your eyes

I get weak when you're next to me

Weak from this love

I can't speak when I look in your eyes

I get weak.....

Iguana comes in swinging. Excellent! Stick to your guns, brother. :grin:

Wow what a lovely welcome you have all given me :)

thanks very much guys, though regarding the 'brother' reference the last time I looked I was a girl :crazy:

I'll stick defiantly to my 'musical pirates' comment as I hate Oasis especially that fist-magnet Liam Gallagher }:(

they have done some good songs, and yes I know most bands do it including two of my favourite artists Paul Weller and Mark E.Smith - but Oasis do it so blatantly and constantly and have been lauded by the media way too much on this side of the Atlantic for way too long.

anyway rant over, I am in a good mood becuase I have just bought tickets to see The Bees with my two best friends oon Wednesday - can't wait :)

by the way as this forum is called Songfacts,

did you know that Fatboy Slim's father invented the bottle bank? ('tis true)

Edited by Guest