The Songfactors Choice Top Ten #51

Lucky

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a quick reminder that Top Ten #52 will be a "No Artist that was in a previous Top Ten" one :)

:headphones:

SO you Can't nominate....

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Doors

Who

Beatles

Stones

etc.

BUT...there's always:

1910 Fruitgum Co.

Paula Abdul

Backsteet Boys

Mariah Carey

The Flying Lizards

Engelbert Humperdinck

Janet Jackson

Barry Manilow

Motley Crue

Wilson Phillips

There's TEN to get you started ! Anybody else like to add another 10 suggested nominees ? DON'T forget to check them in Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

I don't know what Kevin means by 'The Fix' ???

I thought I'd start a few 'Test Runs' to get prospective Nominators to look at "Every Song That's Been In The Top Ten' (which has yet to be updated to include #51).

Maybe we can avoid a repeat of #49, where we had 6 invalid nominations (moi being amongst them). And Farin, those I listed are all real Artists/Groups who've had charted songs. The Flying Lizards actually did a cover of "Money", which I think was used in a popular Movie not too long ago. I'll bet blind-fitter knows them. The drummer from Motley Crue was also in a popular Movie.

Goodnight All !!!:):):)

And Farin, those I listed are all real Artists/Groups who've had charted songs. The Flying Lizards actually did a cover of "Money", which I think was used in a popular Movie not too long ago. I'll bet blind-fitter knows them. The drummer from Motley Crue was also in a popular Movie.

I guess you didn't see the ":jester:" that I put in my post.

Of course I knew that they are all real bands. I merely wanted to poke fun at the fact that most of them are very unknown/obscure to me ;) (probably the same as my bands to you)

and I reserve the right to laugh at any Backstreet Boys nomination :grin: :P

Maybe Martin also knows that German fans used to pronounce "Mötley Crüe" phonetically (ie. including the umlaut sounds) as a joke. :grin:

I already know one band I should be nominating next week (unless someone beats me to it). I won't mention who they are yet, but I think it's about time they made the top ten. :)

Edited by Guest

I completely forgot about that! thank god that at least one of us has a good memory :thumbsup:

you know I just read the Wikipedia article again...

"[Heavy Metal Umlauts] is a form of foreign branding intended to give a band's logo a Teutonic quality. It is a form of marketing that evokes stereotypes of boldness and strength commonly attributed to peoples such as the Vikings"

:doh: this can only work for non-German speakers

nobody would believe that a band called "Beowülf", "Blöödhag" or "Hüsker Dü" - pronounced with Umlaut - would sound like blodness and strength (the opposite is true) :laughing: