The Songfactors Choice Top Ten #51

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #51! :headphones:

EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. HOPEFULLY THE OLD FACES THAT REJOINED US FOR THE LAST TEN WILL DO SO AGAIN! ALL YOU DO IS:

* Nominate two songs from 1950 to the present that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens. There are NO other restrictions.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pop Song 89 ~ R.E.M. (Video)

from songfacts:

Written as a play on the Doors' "Hello, I Love You". Instead of talking to a girl about sex, it's about the weather or politics.

Daughter ~ Pearl Jam (Video) (don't worry the original song is 'only' 4 minutes long, not 10 like this Live video)

Eddie Vedder about "Daughter":

The child in that song obviously has a learning difficulty. And it's only in the last few years that they've actually been able to diagnose these learning disabilities that before were looked at as misbehaviour, as just outright rebelliousness. But no one knew what it was. And these kids, because they seemed unable or reluctant to learn, they'd end up getting beaten horribly. The songs ends with this idea of the shades going down--so that the neighbours can't see what happens next. What hurts about the whole thing is that it ends up defining peoples' lives. They have to live with that abuse for the rest of their lives. Good, creative people are just destroyed.

Don't call me daughter, not fit to

The picture kept will remind me

You might have voted for both of them, dear edna. I'm just funning you. :)

In fact I'm not even sure if I nominated The Tide Is High, or if it was just on my Lista. Think I did though.

Be careful with those promises - you sound like good old Judo. He's living in Australia now, but I can't believe he'd go to New South Wales when a place like Queensland exists. Can you Katie ?

I won't be 'offended' if you don't vote for mine.

There's a lot of nominations to come yet.

:headphones:

Hi Martin ! I was just having a joke with edna. I really had no idea whether she'd voted for them or not.

Gee, I've crossed The Tide Is High off my Lista ! You're sure nobody else nominated it Mate ? If nobody else nominates it before then, I'll keep it for Top Ten #53.

It'll be the first 80s #1. :drummer:

Darryl, I wouldn´t be playing with players that don´t accept I vote other nomination than theirs... :cool:

There are already six of my fave songs. Unless you all start nominating Françoise Hardy, Michel Polnareff or Juliette Gréco, I still plan to vote for the ones I said... character0242.gif