Britney goes BALD?!?

Elvish

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Entertainment/story?id=2883542&page=1

Feb. 17, 2007 — Those who thought Britney Spears couldn't be further removed from her former pop princess image are in for a shock.

On Friday night, Spears was spotted in Los Angeles sporting a never before seen look — a newly shaved head.

The same day, reports surfaced that Spears checked into rehab at Eric Clapton's Crossroads facility in Antigua. Spears reportedly refused to stay and checked out a day later.

Harvey Levin, managing editor of TMZ.com, said that Spears' family, concerned about her excessive partying and drinking, staged an intervention and made her go to rehab.

"Her family and friends staged what I guess you would call an intervention and basically said you have to go," Levin said. "[They] got her to go to a facility there and I am told she was there for a very short period of time and said this is not for me and left."

Spiraling Downward

Spears' reported rehab visit and new, hairless look is the culmination of a wild few months for the pop star. After filing for divorce from her husband Kevin Federline last year, she started club- and bar-hopping all night, all over the country. Spears' behavior troubled her longtime former assistant so much that she published an open letter online saying she was "heart sick by the way her life is unfolding."

"Britney is exhibiting an extreme exaggeration of the behavior of the young starlets out there today. Britney, who once had a thriving career as a pop star, now seems to have no career at all," said Ian Drew of Us Weekly magazine.

Her every move has been a tabloid dream.

"On New Year's Eve there was an incident at Pure nightclub in Las Vegas where she just collapsed after midnight," Levin said. "She said she was exhausted, there were a lot of people who think she was drunk."

Spears isn't the only young starlet getting into trouble. Lindsay Lohan just finished a month-long stay at a California rehab facility. Nicole Richie was charged Friday with a DUI stemming from a December arrest. Miss USA Tara Conner spent the holidays getting treatment for alcoholism.

Just saw on CNN ( there was footage too ) , that Britney Spears just went into an LA salon and shaved all her hair off . The haircutter said she tried to talk her out of it , but she simply went toward the back of the shop , grabbed some shears and did the job herself .

Apparently , a few days ago , she was taken to Eric Clapton's rehab place in England , but she left after 24 hours ... Hoo- boy ! ?! :stars: ... Oh , Bellevue...

Maybe someone can post a more official account , as I just this a few minutes ago ...

:doh: :laughing: I just posted the same story ( no source ) - should've looked here - in Random Thoughts . Sorry Elvish . I guess , though , this is such a 'major' news story that we may need two threads to handle all the traffic ! ;)

Some women can pull that bald look off well , but it doesn't flatter her in the least from what I saw .

Oh geez, I saw the story on this earlier today! What next??? The stories about all these girls get more ridiculous every day!! :stars:

Kev, to be blunt she looked like sh*t!! :thumbsdown: but it's not even about her look... something's really wrong here. I can't imagine what her publicity people are thinking and doing. Pull this one out of the crapper, people!

Britney wanted to salvage her career?? Yes, this is what I would suggest to do!! :laughing:

First no panties, now no hair...what will she think of next!! :laughing:

Britney, a little advice, acting stupid keep you in the headlines, but doesn't salvage your career...unless you want to be know for the rest of your life as flake that no one respects. :doh: