Best Music You've Never Heard of

In heaven

Maybe some of you have heard of these bands maybe not but this might help.

1. Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band

Trout Mask Replica

The most unique record you will ever hear combines blues, jazz, and rock. I would say he is the Picasso of music. It sounds like they aren't even playing together but if you have ever listened to John Coltrane you will understand what he is trying to do. The Captains voice is able to make sounds you wouldn't think a human could do and he writes about stuff you wouldn't think about and this is all done in the 60's. Captain Beefheart has influenced tons of punk bands, Radiohead, and any other band that is doing something different. PLAY IT SAFE THOUGH IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN CAPTAIN BEEFHEAT BUY "SAFE AS MILK" TO GET YOUR FEET WET BEFORE JUMPING IN THE DEEP END.

2. The Velvet Underground

All four studio albums are excellent.

Consisting of Lou Reed the velvet underground wrote about things that is still shoved in the closet today. All the records are 10's in my book but my personal favorite is the self titled CD(at least right now I switch time from time). It seems like they are getting more known because of the Strokes saying they like them(more like ripped there whole image off). These records changed my life if you are thinking about buying a strokes record do yourself a favor and buy a Velvets record instead.

3. Television

Marquee Moon

If you think the guy from the Viloent Femmes has a unique voice buy this record it will change your opinion. Awesome guitar parts.

3. Wire = Pink Flag

4. Big Star = Radio City

5. The Pixies = Doolittle

6. Iggy and the Stooges = Raw Power

7. Can = Tago Mago

8. Pere Ubu = The Modern Dance

9. Kraftwerk = Trans Europe Express

10. Lou Reed = Transformer

11. Patti Smith = Horses

12. Elvis Cosello = This Years Model

13. 13th Floor Elevators = The Psychadelic Sounds of

If you like Jazz check out.

Ornette Coleman(influenced Lou Reed)

John Coltrane(influenced Captain Beefheart)

These are my opinions and if you haven't heard of these bands dont feel bad but dig for better music dont let the radio tell you what is good when you know its not(Creed, NickleBack). The best bands are usually not on the radio and thats a fact.

These are my opinions and if you haven't heard of these bands dont feel bad but dig for better music dont let the radio tell you what is good when you know its not(Creed, NickleBack). The best bands are usually not on the radio and thats a fact.

I'm a bit puzzled here for you started this paragraph with "These are my opinions..." and explain how radio dictates our listening habits with bands you loathe then end your statement with, "The best bands are usually not on the radio and thats a fact."

Using "...and that's a fact" is a fairly strong statement and not an opinion. What is the facts?

Have you ever heard of Clear Channel. Well its plain to see you don't but let me inform you.

"Clear Channel owns stations in 247 of the nation's 250 largest radio markets. Clear Channel in particular dominates the Top 40 format and controls 60 percent of rock-radio listening. Want your record played on one of those stations? Be prepared to pay -- dearly -- for the privilege. Want your band's concert to be sponsored by a radio station? Be careful: If you pick a competitor, the behemoth might pull your songs off its playlists overnight -- from two, 10, 100 stations. Looking for classy radio programming? Don't look here. The company is known for allowing animals to be killed live on the air, severing long-standing ties with community and charity events, laying off thousands of workers, homogenizing playlists and a corporate culture in which dirty tricks are a way of life. Welcome to the world of Clear Channel -- radio's big bully." http://dir.salon.com/ent/feature/2001/04/30/clear_channel/index.html

Go to this site read it for yourself this is not my opinion. So what we get to hear is what about 12 executives want us to hear or who has the most money to pay for airtime. So read up and think about it dont follow everything so blindly and you might find some good music out there.