Happy Valentines Day

sadlady

hello there, edna. i am better, i'm not so depressed, i'm smiling and joking more. i think you guys were/are a big help to me, listening to all my crying on here..i do apologize for that. but like i tell my family... my only friends are on the computer. i feel like i've known you guys forever, even tho i am just a lowly little frog....lol... :thumbsup: :rockon: OMG, am i having a hot flash... someone please dump some ice water on me !!!

Valentine's Day is not my favorite holiday, either. Mr. Peaches and I are madly in love every day. I would be offended if he thought all he had to do was throw a box of chocolates at me to make me feel special. I'd whip his a$$ if he spent money on expensive jewelry just to prove his love for me. It's horse crap. All I have to do is look in on him reading a bed time story to our little girl...that is much more meaningful than any tripe that Hallmark could cook up.

Valentine's is the stupidest holiday there is. Probably. :P Yeah, so... happy shove-your-affection-for-each-other-into-everyone-else's-face-and-act-like-idiots day.

:laughing: Woah Mr Grumpy Pants! It's not that bad...

My Valentines day was pretty dumb though, I was supposed to go to a course in the city, but got lost in the city instead and ended up walking for an hour and 45 minutes trying to find it before giving up and meeting friends for lunch instead just so that it wouldn't be a waste of a train trip.

It turned out okay though, although i still wish i had found that course coz i think it would have been quite interesting.

OMG, am i having a hot flash... someone please dump some ice water on me !!!

:laughing: :grin: :laughing:

Oh sadlady, darlin' can I ever relate!! It's nice to see you happy! ;)

Valentines Day is a crappy holiday, I have to agree, if you don't feel the love everyday, what good is it?? ;) Still, I hope everyone has a nice one....

I'm not grumpy... >____> It just literally disgusts me when people are so showy with their affection. I've seen stuff that really made me sick to my stomach, and I'm not joking. What ever happened to the days when love wasn't a braggart's parade? Ya know, kissing used to be incredibly private thing, never to be done in public.

Yeah, it did, but Puritanism is a dead religion.

Just kidding, it does kind of bother me when I turn into a hall in my school only to find two people eating each other's faces. There are better places for that.

And Valentine's Day doesn't bother me. I can feel sorry for myself any day, so nothing really changes today.

I ordered Chinese food , watched ' My name is Earl ' , read a book , generally ignored my wife and went to bed early and had a great sleep . I did this because I know she loves me and she nor I were put out in the least ... she read catalogs all evening and planned her next big spending spree I imagine , and was contented to do so , I believe .

Yeah, yeah I know. Valentine's Day is commercial, it's a greeting card holiday, and all that.

Just wait until your 2 1/2 year old grandaughter makes a paper heart for you, hands it to you and says "I love you, PopPop". Just wait.

I think it's a wonderful children's holiday. Think back to when you were young.

True - those were the days my friend ! Wondering who would give you a Valentine - and if it ' meant' something more than it did ( though you couldn't properly imagine just what 'more ' may even mean - usually just embarassment around the other students . ) :) Remember those 'punch-out ' Valentine's books , and one had to scrutinize them carefully ( as one could ) in order to give them out appropriately to all one's classmates ? Good times ! :D Do they still make those ?

My wife and I have a standing guidline. We only get cards for each other on our anniversary. no gifts, either. At least on set holidays. I did get my daughter a card from both of us. She always gets a card. I broke my wife and my card rule today though. I left a card for my wife in her car so she would get it when she took her dad in for eye surgery at 530am. I had to work, so we did not get to see each other today.