One-Album Wonders

PaulEdwardWagemann

Boston-Boston

"Don't Look Back & 3rd Stage were phenomenol albums, even though they're not as original as the first.

Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker

Bonnie Tyler - Faster Than the Speed of Night

Huey Lewis - Sports

Sweet - Desolution Boulevard

Whitesnake - Whitesnake

Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker

I thought Southern Harmony and Musical Companion was even better...maybe not as commercial, but more lyrically solid if that makes sense. Besides, it was #1 on Billboard and went double platinum. That alone makes the Crowes hardly One Album Wonder material.

Would The Fugees count with The Score? Of course Lauren Hill also had a one-album wonder with The Miseducation of....

Your right about the Crowes, this one I overlooked, even though I can't name a single song off the mentioned album without looking online for guesses.

Elvish, I would think so about the Fugees, unless you count their solo projects. All 3 members have had pretty big success.

Another artist I consider to be a one album wonder is Fleetwood Mac with Rumours. By comparison most of their other albums didn't live up to it in comparison.

Elvish, I would think so about the Fugees, unless you count their solo projects. All 3 members have had pretty big success.

True, Wyclef Jean has been particularly prolific with collaborations. Not sure Pras has had much standout success. At first, I was thinking Lauren Hill fit into this "One Album" category, but forgot about her unplugged album - it wasn't really critically acclaimed, but sold well IIRC.

Your right about the Crowes, this one I overlooked, even though I can't name a single song off the mentioned album without looking online for guesses.

Remedy and Hotel Illness were probably the biggest hits, although they had several on the Mainstream charts. Thorn in My Pride, Sometimes Salvation and My Morning Song are personal favorites :cool:

• 7 years later...

The La's - The La's (1990)

Probably the most over-rated album I have ever listened to. The band only ever had one studio album, and the one song that people know them for is "There She Goes". Personally, I found the rest of the album quite dull.