Movies To See

In heaven

I know I loved his southern accent!! This is why people think southern people are stupid.

Yall know I'm fixin to say something about Southern folk.

The movie "Deliverance" and the "The Dukes of Hazard" didn't help us much either. My first 24 years were spent in Texas. Many people laugh when I say 'yall', but its so much easier to say and type than 'you all'.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have acquired quite the southern accent after living in Georgia for the past 13 years. When I go back to Connecticut to visit my family, I sound like the biggest redneck! "How y'all doin'? Kiss my grits!" ::

Flo never really tried to assimilate into the Arizona lifestyle did she?

Well, Im originally from Alabama and now I go to school in Florida and Florida people for some reason dont'have any accent at all. I have been told several times about my accent from people from northern states that go to school here. What I think is funny is most of the people that call me out on my accent usually finish with saying "Oh I'm from (put state here) we dont have an accent." When to me they have an very distinct accent saying "I like need to go get a pop" but they dont see themselves having accents. Well to me I dont sound like I have an accent either I have just been told I do so I believe it. So if you are from the north think about that before you go call someone on there accent.

All I can say is when I started getting into movies you call crap I had been force fed bland movies, music, and art and I got tired of it. Well is Picasso crap? Why can't movies be able to do what paintings can do? why can't music do it too? Go listen to Creed and watch Varsity Blues and feel comfortable.

You've been force fed? Now I understand your lousy advice and overly sensitive attitude.

You are the one who started it. I was saying my opinion and you disageed with it and thats fine. You on the other hand dont wanna say what you think is good like what movies and music you are into which makes it easier for you to make your comments.

There is a difference between art and entertainment.

Oh and sorry to use a metaphor like force fed I will explain it for you. I lived in a small town where all we had was 3 radio stations and a blockbuster about 45 minutes from my house that wasn't even a good one cause it just had your basic movies. I didn't have a computer till a year ago so I was pretty much restricted to what I got and I think this happens to alot of people.

You are the one who started it.

I'm the one that started it? Excuse me, this is a message board. Where would it be without differences of opinion?

It's quite obvious that you don't read these boards for if you did, you would not ask me what I liked or didn't like. I grow weary of repeating myself.

So, art doesn't entertain you?

Sad.

There's a lifestyle here?? I sure would like to know what it's about, as long as it doesn't involve heatwaves & being stranded in the desert.

I don't really know. I just meant that she kind of stood out among the other workers at Mel's Diner, Vera, Alice, and Mel. She also seemed to enjoy being somewhat of a slut and would embarass Alice and Vera with her tales of big-rig sleeper cabs and backseats at drive-in movies. Much like Samantha would embarass the Kristen Davis character on "Sex in the City". A show I used to like until Carrie cheated on that nice guy from "Northern Exposure" with the guy who left "Law and Order".

I always thought the Arizona lifestyle had something to do with year-round golf. Or is that just some Camelot type view I have of all the states that don't experience a winter, Flagstaff excluded?

Holy Crap! This might be the first time a fight on this forum was peacefully resolved without someone having to delete it! Sara, Carl please don't delete this one, for I don't think that an amicable ending will ever again be obtained. :laughing:

The real reason I came to this chatroom was to find some people to tell me about some different music and movies and tell them some things I liked and maybe they would find it interesting too. I dont wanna fight over what I know is good. I can watch reality shows for [bleep] like that!

*Scott attempts to stop this thread going back down the craphole*

That's good In Heaven, you respect him, and I'm sure he respects you, no remember, this could possibly be the only good resolved fight if you all *slips into a Farleyesque voice* SHUT YOUR PIEHOLES!! :laughing: Just kidding.

There is one thing that hopefully you and scott will learn as you mature:

Differences of opinion aren't synonymous with fighting. You see, that's the problem with the world today. Everyone's supposed to agree with everyone. It would be fine if we were robots.

Understanding is just that. Without understanding then all agree. When all agree, as I've said before, life will cease to exist as we know it.

We're individuals, not clones.

I never want to belong to any club that would have me as it's member.

It's nice to come to a board where everyone likes Jimi Hendrix, Rush, Pink Floyd but it's even nicer, IMO, to discuss differences of opinion without one feeling intimidated or self defensive.

The first thing one should learn is that nothing is perfect and no two people will ever think exactly alike.

I always thought the Arizona lifestyle had something to do with year-round golf. Or is that just some Camelot type view I have of all the states that don't experience a winter, Flagstaff excluded?

I think you summed it up just about right with that, but I live in a major city so there's your typical metro lifestyle, other than being too hot & filled with desert & mountain ranges everywhere. Being from the midwest originally, it takes a while to regulate to any other region in the United States, but that's what makes this country so unique from the others, is it's diversity of provincial divisions.

Hey dude, I have no problem with discussing differences in opinions (you should know that from experience on the boards! :laughing:) I was just trying to lighten the mood a little bit, because the mood was getting a little heavy and I didn't want it to erupt, so to speak.

You don't give up do you I respect that.

One thing I've learned in this blink of an eye called life:

Most people who meet for the first time will butt heads if they are similar to each other. You and I are passionate in our beliefs. Never lose that.

When I made my first post in this thread, I didn't mention which movies I thought were crap except for Naked Lunch. You assumed I was talking of the ones you listed.

I wasn't and yes, I've seen them.