The Songfactors' Choice Golden Top Ten #50

Farin

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that doesn't really fit in here, but then again maybe it does...

"Anything invented before your fifteenth birthday is the order of nature. That's how it should be. Anything invented between your 15th and 35th birthday is new and exciting, and you might get a career there. Anything invented after that day, however, is against nature and should be prohibited."

- Douglas Adams

Yes blind-fitter,

music started to go downhill ever since the disco days

imo

Gadzooks! Music started going downhill before I even had a chance to get into it??! :o:(

98% of what I listen to is post-disco, post-glam and post-punk, yet I kinda like it. Even though I recognise that my listening preferences include alot of what might reasonably be described as "trivial sh!t" (in the overall scheme of things), it also includes artists who take songwriting and performing pretty seriously, or so I thought.

Have I been living a lie all this time? :(

I'm glad I've pleased somebody! Even though it was only my number 10: some folks are easily satisfied.... ;)

I don't know if it's the punk-rocker in me, but I find myself more drawn to classic pop than to all these "rock dinosaur" acts by whom everybody seems so enthralled.

Maybe I've a short attention-span or something, but I'll take "three minutes of pop-perfection" over some overwrought bombastic bilge any day of the week. :blush:

I'm glad I've pleased somebody! Even though it was only my number 10: some folks are easily satisfied.... ;)

That would be me... easily satisfied! I like all music that is well played and obviously enjoyed by the artist! :)

Maybe I've a short attention-span or something, but I'll take "three minutes of pop-perfection" over some overwrought bombastic bilge any day of the week. :blush:

BA - BOOM ! He fires at my other nomination "I'm Goin' Home" :laughing: :grin:

Congratulations Lizard. :)

I said to my Wife (who else!) when I went to bed last night, "The Post I just made on Songfacts should cause a bit of a stir". I love promoting discussion.

A couple of things I'd like to mention.

1. It was never my intention to beat 'Stairway To Heaven'. It deserves to be #1.

2. Four nominations of any Artist must split the votes !

I am glad that 'Yesterday' snuck into the Top Ten. It is in the Guinness Book Of Records as the most recorded song of all time ! Took over from 'Stardust'; I wonder how that would stack up in our Top Ten ? It's probably the best Pop Song ever written. I like Nat King Cole and Willie Nelson's versions.

Farin, it tells us that you have a mind of your own and don't just vote blindly for Kiddy Time FM songs. ;) P.S. Great job on the Archives as usual Farin. 'Be Bop A Lula' just missed out !

How about a few words of appreciation for Farin (Martin). ???

You do a GREAT JOB and I publicly thank you for all your effort.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Guest
THANKS FARIN !

Martin and Phil, you guys rock!....you are also great game players in the other threads too.....and Farin(Martin)is so much fun to pick on too...he knows it's coz we love him so much... :bow:

I'm happy to see Jimi's "Fire" made it to the top ten.....great song, and great guitar work of course... :rockon: :rockon: :afro:

Way to hog the Top Ten with your stupid nominations, guys. }:(:P

C'mon Namahage. You're really a nice young feller. My estimation of your musical taste rose when I saw your votes in this Top Ten ! Anyone who appreciates the Eagles and Simon & Garfunkel has to have some good musical taste buds.

;)

I think it might be time to have another ' Nominate only Artists who haven't been in the Top Ten before'. Maybe for #52 ?

I said 'never again', because 6 of us including me

didn't read the List properly and made ineligible nominations.

Farin in his youthful innocence reckons it could work if we publicise it more; start giving 'reminders' in #51.

Would you like to see another ? There's thousands of Artists/Groups to choose from, including a lot who've just missed out a few times.

:)