2007 Music

Batman

believe it or not, but I wanted to post my Top 3 of Icky Thump in Random Music Thoughts today :grin:

okay, I can do 5 too...

1. Rag and Bone

2. Prickly Thorn, but Sweetly Worn

3. I'm slowly turning into You

4. Icky Thump

5. Bone Brock (the intro reminds me of something... any idea? :P )

"Jarvis" is a great album, I totally agree!

I quite like the Gossip, and "standing in the way of control" is an awesome song, but I'm not that amazed by the rest of the album

You may be right. :crazy: I might not have tested it often enough. It could be that her excellent voice is carrying some "middling" songs.

Mind you, I think I remember you being pretty lukewarm about the Arctic Monkeys debut LP early last year. Have you changed your tune on that one yet? ;)

I steadfastly stand by my other four suggestions, though. :P

You may be right. :crazy: I might not have tested it often enough. It could be that her excellent voice is carrying some "middling" songs.

Mind you, I think I remember you being pretty lukewarm about the Arctic Monkeys debut LP early last year. Have you changed your tune on that one yet? ;)

I steadfastly stand by my other four suggestions, though. :P

yep, I wasn't much into it but now I do like it. it's just that the rest of the songs seem a bit bleh, nothing too exciting, not the raw energy of "standing in the way of control".

actually, the new arctic monkeys , which I also said was a good 2007 album, is alright, but not as good as the first one. I'd actually forgotten I had it and considered buying it (thankfully I realised before making the purchase). perhaps listening to it a bit more will help

• 1 month later...

Since I've just got round to procuring the Grinderman album, "Grinderman", and so far it's sounding pretty flipping awesome, I'll propose it instead.

I just listened to "Get it on" and "No (Female Cat) Blues" and I think (am pretty sure) I want the album now

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: