2007 Music

Batman

What albums are you looking forward to in 2007?

I can't wait for these:

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

Portishead

Radiohead

Madvillain

And here are some good 2007 albums that have already come out:

Menomena - Friend and Foe

The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder

In addition to what Batman mentioned:

Neon Bible- Arcade Fire

Favorite Worst Nightmare- Arctic Monkeys

Eagles

Gnarls Barkley

Interpol

Metallica(They promise to be back to Master of Puppets form, and if they are, than they have regained a fan)

Pixies

Postal Service

Queens of the Stone Age

REM

Roxy Music (Original lineup!)

Rush

U2

Libertad- Velvet Revolver

The Vines

This year definitely has potential...

I think Batman and Lizard already mentioned the most important, but there are also a couple of German bands with new albums

Limbo Massiah ~ Beatsteaks (30. March :rockon: :rockon:)

Fanta 4 (I don't know when, but I saw the new single today)

and maybe if we're all lucky: Die Ärzte :rockon: :bow: :rockon:

As I always do, I'm going to focus either solely or pretty much solely on Australian bands. :grin:

As you might expect, the album I am looking forward to far more than any other right now is Powderfinger's upcoming album, which is apparently being recorded in Los Angeles right now, and hopefully should be released in the next few months. Guitarist Ian Haug has stated there is going to be an "exciting new direction" for their music. I sure hope that is a good thing, and isn't going to impact on the things that make them unique in today's music scene.

Also Silverchair are soon to release (March 31) their new album, "Young Modern". Their new single "Straight Lines" is getting frequent airplay over here, and I think it is pretty good.

AC/DC are also releasing an album soon, but possibly not this year.

There are quite a few other albums I will be interested in, but there are probably too many to list. That doesn't mean I'll be buying any of them, though. :)

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I like the fact that the new Silverchair song gets played about 10 times a day on every FM radio station and Foxtel music channel for the last two months. I said it is "getting frequent airplay" earlier - that was obviously the understatement of the century. :P

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

Person Pitch is pretty great in my opinion, it's by Panda Bear (of Animal Collective)

I still need to hear the new collection of unreleased Elliott Smith songs, "New Moon"

Dinosaur Jr's new album was surprisingly good.

The new Apples In Stereo is nice, it makes me feel good.

The new Stars album wasn't very good for the most part, but the Most Serene Republic mix of "Ageless Beauty" was absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, Jack really went back to the riff heavy days of their first three albums. A little shocking after the piano heavy and just plain weird album that was Get Behind Me Satan, but I'm not complaining.

what are your favorite songs off it?

here's my top 5:

1. Conquest

2. You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)

3. Little Cream Soda

4. St. Andrew (I can't remember the rest of the song title)

5. Rag and Bone

If I had to choose my five favorites off the album it'd be:

1. Rag and Bone

2. Bone Broke

3. You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do What You're Told)

4. Effect and Cause

5. Prickly Thorn, But Sweetly Worn

The title track rocks too, but I'd heard it so many times before I bought the album, it lost a little bit of its wonder.