Sign in to follow this  
Elvish

What are you eating or drinking?

That's EXACTLY what I make on St. Patricks Day!

I like taking a corned beef brisket and put it into a crock-pot with onions, carrots, potatoes, spices and I'll put the cabbage in at about the last hour of slow-cooking!

My corn meal goes into a preheated cast iron skillet with mazola oil and just a dash of sugar with a lot of stick butter. I'm getting hungry!

~ Yummy stuff!

That's EXACTLY what I make on St. Patricks Day!

I like taking a corned beef brisket and put it into a crock-pot with onions, carrots, potatoes, spices and I'll put the cabbage in at about the last hour of slow-cooking!

My corn meal goes into a preheated cast iron skillet with mazola oil and just a dash of sugar with a lot of stick butter. I'm getting hungry!

~ Yummy stuff!

Wouldn't mind a recipe for that ,Muzik or a reasonable facsimile of one in the cooking thread if you've got time - or do you just wing it ?

had a shamrock shake earlier!

People were crazy for those things when I worked at McD's. They would start asking for them about the middle of February. Ask if you can have a little bit of chocolate shake mixed in.

LOL.

I just wing it, too!

Kevin, the recipe; the ingredients earlier, with a cup of water and a beef bouillon cube. (spices are simply salt, pepper, parsley, basil, garlic, one clove, crushed red pepper).

It takes about six hours cooking on low (in a crockpot)

I never use measuring cups or table spoons. A pinch of this and a shake of that has always served me, and others, well.

I've had the best success by adding the cabbage at the last (fifth) hour. Cabbage, IMHO, should never be overcooked. But then, nothing should.

God ,I miss those Shamrock Shakes ! They tried them here for a couple years but no one gave a damn ,I guess , and my purchases alone couldn't save them . :( I guess Green Tea would be as far as people care to go with shake flavors ...

Pate , a baguette, fondue , lobster bisque and some boiled cauliflower with green lemon flavored olive oil and black pepper .

Edited by Guest

That sounds better than what I'm currently ingesting;

Chipped beef and gravy on toasted bread with a small glass of just squeezed orange juice.

Ahhhh, "Sh!t on a Shingle!"