What are you eating or drinking?

Elvish

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You bet : got a French Violin made circa 1910 ( Reddish varnish ) , 3/4 size , handmade in Quebec . Used to be principal second in our school orchestra , though I always envied the 1st violins, as they got to practice the straight melody rather than a half sheet of simple repetitive quarter/eighth notes or the like . :laughing: Thank God , though , that I wasn't 3rd violin /viola , though -dorks ! :laughing:

Were you ever in an orchestra , Lizard , or were you just playing with yourself ?

I've seen you play ( on YouTube ) and you are really good (definately a princial first ) - but I hope don't waste that talent as you journey through the fun that is college . At least go rogue with some scumbag pub band . :)

Were you ever in an orchestra , Lizard , or were you just playing with yourself ?

I've seen you play ( on YouTube ) and you are really good (definately a princial first ) - but I hope don't waste that talent as you journey through the fun that is college . At least go rogue with some scumbag pub band . :)

When I first started, but that was a long time ago (fourth grade) and I quickly discovered I enjoy playing Irish and folk music much better. I was able to perform with a country band for a dorm event over the past weekend, not my favorite genre, but we had a huge audience all three nights and it was a lot of fun.

I have a full size Czech made violin. And I hear you on the 3rd violin/viola thing. How do you get a violin to sound like a viola? Sit in the back and don't play.