What are you eating or drinking?

Elvish

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's EXACTLY what I make on St. Patricks Day!

I like taking a corned beef brisket and put it into a crock-pot with onions, carrots, potatoes, spices and I'll put the cabbage in at about the last hour of slow-cooking!

My corn meal goes into a preheated cast iron skillet with mazola oil and just a dash of sugar with a lot of stick butter. I'm getting hungry!

~ Yummy stuff!

That's EXACTLY what I make on St. Patricks Day!

I like taking a corned beef brisket and put it into a crock-pot with onions, carrots, potatoes, spices and I'll put the cabbage in at about the last hour of slow-cooking!

My corn meal goes into a preheated cast iron skillet with mazola oil and just a dash of sugar with a lot of stick butter. I'm getting hungry!

~ Yummy stuff!

Wouldn't mind a recipe for that ,Muzik or a reasonable facsimile of one in the cooking thread if you've got time - or do you just wing it ?

LOL.

I just wing it, too!

Kevin, the recipe; the ingredients earlier, with a cup of water and a beef bouillon cube. (spices are simply salt, pepper, parsley, basil, garlic, one clove, crushed red pepper).

It takes about six hours cooking on low (in a crockpot)

I never use measuring cups or table spoons. A pinch of this and a shake of that has always served me, and others, well.

I've had the best success by adding the cabbage at the last (fifth) hour. Cabbage, IMHO, should never be overcooked. But then, nothing should.