Lux Aeterna - Clint Mansell

Jugband_Blues

The comments section has the song titled as "Requiem for a Dream". I don't know if that's a song title or perhaps the theme song from the soundtrack of the movie with the same name. I believe it's the theme song from the movie titled "Requiem for a Dream". ;)

Go here: http://www.archive.org/details/Requiemforadreamthemesong_0

Edited by Guest

There's no reason to suppose that this actually features in the Snakes On A Plane soundtrack, since it's a home-made vid done for somebody's amusement. The music may have been chosen by the creator of the clip, purely on the basis of its high drama quotient. Not having seen the film myself, I couldn't say. Funny clip though. :thumbsup:

Clint Mansell

Mansell was the lead singer and guitarist of the British band, Pop Will Eat Itself. Mansell also broke into the world of film scoring when his friend, director, Darren Aronofsky, gave him the opportunity to score his debut film, π.

Mansell's score for π was followed up by his score for Aronofsky's next film, Requiem for a Dream. The score became a cult hit. The trailer for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers used a remixed version of the track "Lux Aeterna", re-recorded with a full orchestra and choir. The piece, named "Requiem for a Tower", was made just for the trailer (it was not featured in either Requiem for a Dream or The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers).

I found this in wikipedia... still doesn´t clarify if the song is RFAD or LA... I bet Farin is right and it´s Lux Aeterna"