Which version of Mac?

CanAm

Although Fleetwood Mac has had many incarnations, for the purposes of this discussion the two versions in which I'm interested are the Green/Spencer/Kirwan/McVie/Fleetwood one and the Buckingham/Nicks/McVie/McVie/Fleetwood one.

Now I know it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, but I don't want any fence sitters. I'd like to know which version you prefer and why?

If I weren't such a computer luddite, I would have created one of those poll buttons so that all you would have to do is point and click.

Although I love both versions of Mac, if push comes to shove, I choose the later version for the simple reason that it produced a greater number of songs that I like. Green, Spencer and Kirwan were all amazingly gifted guitarists, but Lindsay Buckingham, IMO, is a vastly underrated guitarist. I really like his finger picking style.

This was a difficult decision to make and I guess it came down to the fact that I prefer (EVER SO SLIGHTLY) pop/rock to blues/rock.

This here's a 1.25Ghz G4 AlBook running...Mac OSX 10.4.8 with 512MB RAM. (It wants 1GB RAM, which will be on the shopping list once a new battery arrives.) As for Fleetwood Mac, I'll take either version, since a band has the right to change styles/genres/identities or cease growing, musically. :stars:

I guess you're not offering this option, but I really liked the early transitional period ( Kirwin/ Welch / C. McVie/ J. McVie/ Fleetwood )

Check out the album Bare Trees and particularly Christine (Perfect) McVie's vocals on the songs Homeward Bound and Spare Me A Little Of Your Love .

baretrees.jpg

-----------------

My appreciation of Stevie Nick's singing depends completely on which song -- I like some very much, others not at all.

I could listen to Peter Green’s guitar all day, with or without Fleetwood Mac, Bluesbreakers, Splinter Group or anybody else.

I could listen to Peter Green’s guitar all day

(from Bazooka´s sig, I believe)

And me. He was the genius behind the band. I found some Peter Green tapes in the car a week ago, I have them since the mid seventies... I thought they were lost. "In the skies" is the one I´m listening to these days.

For fans of the Peter Green/Jeremy Spencer early version of Fleetwood Mac, I recommend you listen to Precious Little by Jeremy Spencer. If you like electric blues, you'll love this CD. Spencer's vocals are a little less robust than they were in his heyday, but his playing is even better now than it was when he was with Fleetwood Mac.