The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #49

OLD 55

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All in fun !!!:)

Hey Seeker you're the surprise package ! For a 19 year old you know a lot more about music than I did at that age. You'll have to ask my good Mate b-f about '43'. He'll be happy right now. Bloody Poms just beat us in a cricket game. They'll probaly all get Knighthoods. (You are Irish aren't you ?)

:laughing:

Can I do the whisper part ?

(Whisper: big boys don't cry; big boys don't cry.)

I thought they were whispering "be poised and quiet" until about 2 years ago. :doh: :laughing:

And we got to 1 and 2 without flaunting ourselves and promising all sorts of favors too, hey Dappled ! We're not Vote Tarts. :grin:

Vote Tart? I resemble that remark! :shades: I don't recall offering any favors, though. I ran an open and honest campaign with a well detailed description of the song that obviously gave people a valid reason to vote for my nomination. And by looking at the people who voted, I really think they would have voted for it anyway. I didn't see anyone out of the ordinary swayed because of my undeniable charm and beauty. :grin:

Farin, most here under the age of 43 wouldn't know good music if it bit them on the 'donkey'. 50s, 60s, 70s RULE. :rockon:

I am a relative spring chicken at the tender age of 37. I love and appreciate good music from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. However, I also love and appreciate good music from the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Good music doesn't have a time line.

It's a GREAT '90's song

I like this Top 10 very much. I also like music from different eras. I have nominated '50's songs and songs from this year.

I think the reason most of the earlier Top Tens were dominated by older songs is because we all nominated our favorite classics...now we're branching out. I will continue to nominate and vote for what I like despite the decade it comes from

BTW, I already know I will not be voting for Stairway to Heaven on the next list.:grin:

All in fun !!!:)

Hey Seeker you're the surprise package ! For a 19 year old you know a lot more about music than I did at that age. You'll have to ask my good Mate b-f about '43'. He'll be happy right now. Bloody Poms just beat us in a cricket game. They'll probaly all get Knighthoods. (You are Irish aren't you ?)

:laughing:

Thank you! :bow: :)

Yes I am, so you can safely complain about the Poms beating you. :grin:.

You're very welcome Fintan ! :)

As I've said before "what about the 80s ???".

I've been promoting music from the 50s to the 70s, others are promoting the 90s/00s, but nobody gives the 80s a mention ! They can't be that bad.

And I did vote a 90s song as my #1 a few Top Tens ago: Peaches' nomination of 'Would I Lie To You'/ Charles & Eddie.

I'm just a romantic. I like love songs/ballads. :blush:

Now for something completely different....

I have (really - told you I like it) been listening to London Calling/ The Clash and I DO NOT believe it's a Punk song. I'll be interested in what b-f and others have to say to that, but I think we are still without a Punk #1.

:headphones: