The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #49

OLD 55

Thank you for pointing it out so politely. I'm just used to a friend of mine, who has lived in Japan for the last decade, referring to the the 'anime' Feature Film he devised which has been nominated for two awards at the Berlin Film Festival.

;)

Cool. Do you remember the name of it?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Namahage. Here's a little about it from the L.A. Times. I hope it gains worldwide release. And I see what you mean; manga characters, of course.

:)

An American anime film?

Michael Arias has done the unheard-of: He's the first non-Japanese director of a major anime film, and his tale of a crumbling city 'Tekkon Kinkreet' has hit a chord.

By Bruce Wallace, Times Staff Writer

February 4, 2007

Well our first 'Artists who haven't been nominated before' has had a few hiccups. 5 of us -including me - nominated ones that had ! There's one still to be changed and I've PTd that nice person.

Some great nominations and I'm sure we'll finish with a worthy #1.

:)

With our Golden Top Ten #50, Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin will be an automatic nomination. I suppose I assume it will be #1, and it'll certainly be high in my Top Ten. Then again, I thought 'Hotel California' was a certain #1.

I hope nobody thinks I'm trying to create a 'backlash' against the song from Posts I made in the last Top Ten Thread. All I was suggesting was that we give it some stiff competition by our nominations. I'm nominating one Beatles and one Stones.

Multiple nominations of Artists really won't matter. If there's 3 Beatles', Stones' (whoever) songs nominated (that I like !) I'll vote for all of them.

Thanks to all who've made it possible for us to reach #50. It's YOUR Top Ten !

:headphones:

Thanks Mate. I did notice this morning and have PT'd Jenny. :)

Well our first 'Artists who haven't been nominated before' has had a few hiccups. 5 of us -including me - nominated ones that had ! There's one still to be changed and I've PTd that nice person.

if you haven't had the chance to check out this video yet, do it NOW. It's well well well worth it. (and I didn't even mean this as a plug!) :grin:

You Shameless Shawna ! ;)

Canvassing for votes for that female Steve Tyler lookalike.

Aren't the lyrics are a bit 'iffy" ? I remember the first time I heard my eldest daughter play it. I said "did she say what I think she said ?". (Yes, both times). I told her not to play it while her younger siblings were around, thank you very much.

:P

Do you wanna trade, edna ? :) No Brownies, I'm on a diet.

I just may find a place in my Ten for Indiana Wants Me. I think it's been nominated at least once before ?

Maybe our friend Dappled can please tell us the re-nominations this time around ? There are a few.

:headphones:

Thanks Mate. I did notice this morning and have PT'd Jenny. :)

Did you notice the Prince nomination from Das?

That means I'll have to wait until tomorrow. :)

Does anyone know if we can enlarge text in these boards? Perhaps more people would notice any rule changes (such as the "No previous top ten artists" this week) if we put it in a header at, say, 100pt text? :grin:

Okay, maybe a little smaller would still do the job. :)

Okay, since I'm a dumbass I will change my Prince nomination. :)

I'll replace it with "Wave Of Mutilation" by The Pixies, which I think I've nominated 18 times now. This is the slower "UK Surf" version, but the other one rocks as well. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AXvgR_HMXaI