4 - Crazy ~ Patsy Cline

5 - Son Of A Preacher Man ~ Dusty Springfield

6 - To Sir With Love ~ Lulu

7 - Gloria ~ Them

8 - Ode To Billy Joe ~ Bobby Gentry

9 - Your Time Is Gonna Come ~ Led Zeppelin

10 - Come As You Are ~ Nirvana

4 wonderful ladies in a Top Ten!

Patsy Cline, Dusty Springfield, Lulu... who's the fourth? Are you counting the song name "Gloria"?

Here are my nominations:

1. You Oughta Know ~ Alanis Morissette. This is the live Grammy version. If you have not ever heard this version of this song, it's unbelievable. Have a listen now, you won't regret it.

2. Four In The Morning ~ Night Ranger (really cheesy video from the early days of MTV)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm nominating two songs from the new millenium. Who said I was an old fogey? :P

Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes 2005

These cats are my new obsession. Love, love, love them. They are rappers who *gasp* play their own instruments instead of sampling. They combine rap, rock, R&B, and funk into something different than anything else around. I think they are modern rap at its finest. Farin, I think you'd dig them. This particular song is spectacular. My favorite line is:

I know I'm young but if

I had to choose her or the sun

I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun

Tenacious D - Tribute 2001

The D has never cracked the top ten. I find this highly unacceptable. This song is an epic journey in which two simple, portly men take on Satan and win. It is a triumph of goofy over evil. Satan tells the duo they can keep their souls if they play him the greatest song ever. Although they never come right out and say it, they slay Satan with a rocking version of "Stairway to Heaven". The song "Tribute" is simply that...a tribute to the greatest song in the world. In one 4 minute song, you've got humor, you've got hard rocking, you've got drama, and you've got the triumph of the ages. What more can you people expect out of a song? I've even changed my avatar and signature back to the D to campaign for the song.

He asked us

*snort* Be you angels?

And we said, "Nay,

We are but men!

Rock!!"

Cupid's Chokehold - Gym Class Heroes 2005

These cats are my new obsession. Love, love, love them. They are rappers who *gasp* play their own instruments instead of sampling. They combine rap, rock, R&B, and funk into something different than anything else around. I think they are modern rap at its finest. Farin, I think you'd dig them. This particular song is spectacular. My favorite line is:

I know I'm young but if

I had to choose her or the sun

I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun

no sampling, huh? :shades: :grin:

I never heard of them but they sound very promising :thumbsup: thanks Peachy :)

the video is funny too :grin:

PS your second nomination will get my vote of course :rockon:

Sorry Shadows, Thin Lizzy made it with "Jailbreak".

Thanks Lizard ! :)

Shadows, you just wanted to make me feel better. I didn't notice. Hey, that Post I made about 'some idiot' wasn't directed at you. That was a joke on myself, because I nominated a Peter Frampton song(who's also made the Ten before).

Let's have a replacement when you see this please Sweetie.

:)

This seems like a good chance to use my playlist again. :)

Khe Sanh - Cold Chisel

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Oh, it appears that Khe Sanh doesn't work anymore, and I can't guarantee that Nothing Else Matters or any of the other songs still work. Apologies if anything strange happens when you try to use the playlist. :crazy:

I know that quite a few people here have heard Khe Sanh now, so I think it stands a good chance of making the top ten. :)

Edited by Guest