the Emo parade!

valbreeson

Lol ya, but its funny, i started listening to modern music in november, before then i hated it, so i have been behind the times i guess you could say. Bad relationships and stuff happened to me,and i started listening to songs that made me feel better, and Bayside was that band that helped me alot. From then i guess it was like a snowball down a hill, and i just started liking tons of new bands ranging from billy talent to AAR to blah blah blah tons of them. And i started listening to MCR only after i heard welcome to the black parade. Interesting story, first time i ever heard that song, i was sick, throwing up all night, and i was watching videos on VH1. i was turned away from the tv, when i started hearing a song that sounded like queen, i turned around and was awed at the sound and the video...great vid/song good combo

I reccommend "give em hell kid" "Im not okay" "Honey, this mirror aint big enough for both of us" (that ones from their very first CD but very good) "ghost of you" is good, its slower at first, but deals with loss, "Helena" is decent, although some claim it to be overplayed, im just glad i missed the first MCR tide, and now its all new to me, so nothin is overplayed :)

I listened to one hundred percent classic rock. I was and still somewhat am drawn to the mysticism and allure brought about by these guitar/vocal gods that arose in the 60s and 70s, just something about these musicians, they are invincible, untouchable. IDK i think they were a symbol of solidarity to me, they can never be taken down by media criticism now as they have may have been then, and people have given them their dues. However that being said, i realized that the need for new music is real. Led Zeppelin will never have a new set, a new CD, so if i had kept listening to solely classic rock, i would be stuck in classic hits, and no part of my musical taste would have evolved. So i guess it was more of a personal leap for me. what about you what kinda music do you listen to?

no particular order

1)Led Zeppelin

2)Styx

3)My Chem

4)Bayside

5)GnR

6)Van Halen

7)Plain white t's

8)Billy Talent

9)Rise Against (like music, not the message)

10)30 Seconds To Mars

11)The Killers

12)Eagles

13)RHCP

14)QUEEN

15)Billy Squier

16)New Found Glory

17)Hellogoodbye

18)Taking back sunday

gosh the list goes on... lol

ive never been one to ridicule music based on its popularity or lack thereof. I rarely criticize various moderate styles dress, like moderate emo or scene is ok, nothing too extreme. Thats what has kinda opened my eyes, is listening to this new stuff, has almost made me more accepting of people, which im very happy with. is there any new stuff that you like?

I like your list...though I've never heard of a couple of those bands.

I must say that sometimes I find it difficult to distinguish between music and the attitudes associated with it, if a distinction can be made at all. Same with emo, but then again, I know next to nothing about the music.

New stuff, not really. Oasis, some RHCP, that's about it.

ah thats cool, A band you may like is bayside. some typify them as "emo," but the lead singer's voice is neither whiny nor screamy. They right alot of songs about revenge, and hatred of ex-gfs and stuff, and he sings all his songs with such inflection and emotion,you can feel the pain hes felt. its pretty cool. in a strange way almost reminds me of hank williams, ever heard of him? he was a country singer from the 40s or 50s that was 29 when he died, and in a 6 year career produced like 50 or 60 some hits. anyways he has this voice that was twangy, but you could feel his pain, few artists have the ability to that with such success. so do you really live in england?

I live in the states, i can honestly say, you are the first person from england i have spoken to. What is the rock scene like over there? what kinda rock cultures have taken hold? I was kinda dissappointed, I read a thing about My Chem playing at the AOL Download fest and i wanted to go so bad, then i looked to see where it was being held and its taking place in England. lol. that would be a far trip for my chem.

The first person ever? I'd better make a good impression now. :P

Well, I don't think the rock scene is very different from the States... I'm no expert on this, but I suppose they're influencing each other anyway.

I've heard of this AOL festival, didn't go though. Aren't MCR touring the States? I thought they did last year.

ya right now they are touring the states i went and saw them the other night :) i was so excited, half the show they were "the black parade" then the other half they were "my chemical romance"

it was a cool set up for sure. but ya, they are including it as part of their tour, they tour the states for like 3 months, then go over to europe and tour germany, UK, few other nations, then come back and closeout the tour in the states. Lol and ya you are the first person ever! lol. do u have instant messenger or ne thing? email me ur sn, we can talk more about rock and stuff, for now i gotta go, but ill probably be on this same forum later.

cya dude