Cool links and sites II

The Seeker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. :confused: The site worked fine for me. Sorry if it caused a problem for you. Don't call me names, I just wanted to share the laughs I found on the site. My grandson shared it with me.

Again, sorry if it gave you fits or a virus alert came up. I just browsed funny stuff.

Hint: Click on "top funny junk" along the left column and forget that crap in the middle of the page.

My daughter sent me something from a similar site years ago.

It brought up a box that said something and I couldn't 'X' out of it.

It went on and on and on and on and...

I was exhausted after clicking on each one of the insults and teasing comments until it was finally over.

When I told my daughter that it wasn't funny (I guess it really was but I wasn't going to let her know that), she said to me:

"Dad, you didn't actually click on every one of those, did you?"

When I told her I had to because I couldn't 'X' out of it, she said to me:

"You could have just hit 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' one time and then clicked on the 'Applications' tab, then click on the 'gag' application name and click 'End Task'.

Wish I knew that earlier. :doh:

P.S.

S2V, don't feel bad.

It's not a virus infected gag.

It makes people viewing it think a virus has taken over their computer.

I didn't actually view the one that you posted, but the one that was sent to me was full of wise-cracking comments, insults and comments that "they" were in control of my computer but it was all part of the gag.

Edited by Guest
Changed 'processes' to 'application'

I shouldn't have said 'process running'.

What you need to do after clicking on 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' is to then click on the 'APPLICATIONS' tab.

Then click on the application that you want to end.

This will then stop only the application that you highlighted.

you mean it doesn't start as the "most annoying page (part 2)" with 200 non-cancelable popups for you? ;)

No. Upon first entering the site, I did get a dialog box that said "Hi" and I had to click "OK" to move forward. Then I got another dialog box that said something like "This is a fun site" plus a check box that allowed me to opt out of further dialog boxes, which I checked then hit OK again. Then something opened in the center area, but I went right to the "top fun junk" along the left column and ignored the center area. Had no problems at all and could navigate freely. The "If movie posters were honest" was really good.

(Using Google Chrome as my browser. Don't know if that matters.)

No. Upon first entering the site, I did get a dialog box that said "Hi" and I had to click "OK" to move forward. Then I got another dialog box that said something like "This is a fun site" plus a check box that allowed me to opt out of further dialog boxes, which I checked then hit OK again. Then something opened in the center area, but I went right to the "top fun junk" along the left column and ignored the center area. Had no problems at all and could navigate freely. The "If movie posters were honest" was really good.

(Using Google Chrome as my browser. Don't know if that matters.)

Do you have a Macintosh or a PC?