Cool links and sites II

The Seeker

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 2 sites to watch Superbowl ads.

superbowlads.fanhouse.com

Click on the Superbowl ads link and you can watch all the commercials as they appeared by quarter.

spike.com/superbowl

This site has all the Superbowl ads since 2002, including the banned commercials.

You can also click on any advertisers' link to watch commercials by that advertiser only.

Just so I've got this straight...you started in one class, left 15-20 minutes into it (stood up, walked out mid-lecture), went to another class (walked in 20 minutes late), left that class (again, presumably, in the middle of the lecture), and then came to my class. At that point (walking in an hour late) I asked you to come to the next class which "bothered" you.

Is that considered strange? :confused:

okay, I would probably have sampled a whole lecture this week and another one in the same timeslot the week after that, but seeing that he had three I don't think it's so strange to sample them in one go.

In any case, walking in even ten minutes late to a class makes me nervous, I'd be petrified of showing up an hour late to a lecture where the professor doesn't even know who I am let alone that I'm engaged in this 'class sampling' technique. I mean, it has been done but always with professors' consent.

In any case, walking in even ten minutes late to a class makes me nervous, I'd be petrified of showing up an hour late to a lecture where the professor doesn't even know who I am let alone that I'm engaged in this 'class sampling' technique. I mean, it has been done but always with professors' consent.

really?

wow, I must have a really relaxed attitude from the side of my profs then :)

I've never met one who cares if one comes late or leaves early - in the end it's our responsibility to perform well in the exams after all...

I've had 'relaxed' professors, but usually subsidiary subjects. This is in Delhi. Letting latecomers in is incredibly distracting and most of the times my profs lose their train of thought. My profs here really lovely and let peeps in with a smile and underlying current of disapproval but you can see the frustration when they realise they've forgotten what they were talking about. They're really really passionate about their subjects and you can't ignore someone happily wandering into class looking around for a seat, doing the normal settling down, shuffling for paper and pens etc.

And as one of the comments said, what's the point? They can't really take part because any questions they have are likely to be redundant.

Also I'm from Asia so have innate guru-shishya (teacher-student) respect. Found it very strange to have to accustom myself to calling professors by first names. All the international students do because they're so used to the whole respect your teachers thing. So yeah, I think it's disrespectful.

hmm, maybe it also depends on the course of study... the subjects I'm hearing don't really have much room for passionate lectures, and since practically all of them are accompanied by powerpoint presentations, losing the train of thought isn't a real problem either :D

btw, maybe I'm painting the wrong picture here, I'm not talking about dozens of people coming in an hour after the start, but on and of again one or two people who quietly come into the room or leave early just as carefully not to disturb the others :)

Good for the professor. The sampler was disrespecting the students who showed up on time for the class.

Back in the day, I saw lots of students with a sense of entitlement, and all too often they got their way. I always liked the professors that didn't let that stuff fly.