Things people do

The Seeker

oh lordy, they make you walk right after you have a lung removed these days.

When I had my huge surgery in '06, filleted like a fish, they came to my room the day after I woke from my coma (3 days) and made me get out of bed and hobble. It was the most pain I've ever been in, and I bitched and complained and said bad words, but they still made me do it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, when I had surgery (not quite as serious, but I still gave them more than one evil look) they made me get up and walk out two or three hours later too even though just moving a toe was excruciating, but with a hip I'd imagine it doesn't even matter if you use crutches... if you only use one leg, you still move both hips.

Someone is actually a Super Patient, as in Superman. This is actually hip #2 being done. He knows what to do, and was already doing rehab exercises in the recovery room. :P

He twists those nurses around his little finger, being jolly & cheerful, & entertaining them. His OR nurse went and got her tye-dyed hair cover thing, and promised him they'd play Jimi's Crosstown Traffic during the operation. :D

It's a thread wherein you talk about things people do ... generally assumed that it's done without mentioning any names. Sometimes it's just not too awfully hard to figure out who the someones/somewheres actually are. :P

As in:

Someone (you) somewhere (AZ) needs to get with the program. ;)

Someone somewhere doesn't understand how this thread works.

It was originally started to give an indirect sense of perspective about how vast the world is, and how you're just a dot. You can say something like 'someone somewhere just spilled a cup of tea' and it would be true for a few scattered dots across the globe. Things got a bit warped, and now its primarily used to refer to oneself or people you know.

It was originally started to give an indirect sense of perspective about how vast the world is, and how you're just a dot. You can say something like 'someone somewhere just spilled a cup of tea' and it would be true for a few scattered dots across the globe. Things got a bit warped, and now its primarily used to refer to oneself or people you know.

That's what I thought the point of this subject was the first time I saw it.

Not so much fun when the "someone, somewhere" is transparently the writer him/herself, or somebody closely known to them. I quite like the ones where the "someone, somewhere" might plausibly be the writer, but then again, it's impossible to know for certain.

Somebody, somewhere is "going naked" around the house today, and enjoying the sensation of freedom.

• 9 months later...