Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

... not great effects like what he's used to, but he thought it adequate.

8/10 for the pure fun of it. :)

Are you kidding? Those effects were brilliant!That first transformation scene was amazing. The fact that they had to do everything with practical effects is far more impressive than any CGI can be for me.

I think I may have to watch that tonight!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:grin: I think the key words in my post were "like what he's used to." He's 17, he grew up on 3D in-your-face blow-everything-to-hell blood-and-guts-slasher where you actually feel the blood splatter. :laughing:

I remember reading about how they made that first transformation scene, and what a helluva lotta work it was to do it. I still love the suspenseful movies (like the original "The Haunting") where effects don't take over the entire viewing experience, so I love this flick.

Did you decide to watch it? :)

it did star Ben Affleck and Kevin Costner.

What's kinda weird is I have a special "limited" version of Rock-'em-Sock-'em robots that are in the likeness of Kevin Costner and Ben Affleck.

My Barney Fife & Cowardly Lion Rock-n-Sock 'em robots fetched 40k at auction!

:D

watched In Bruges yesterday... cool movie, a mixture of a black comedy and a tragic drama, great actors (Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes), nice dialogues ("Why don't you both put your guns down, and go home?" -

"Don't be stupid. This is the shootout.") and a nice scenery too

8/10

btw, has anyone seen "Incendies"? It's supposed to be very good too

Took the kid to see Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2. KF2 had a more complex and darker story, about Po finding out about his past. I didn't think it was as much fun as the first one, but it was good. 8/10.

Cars 2 was more of an action packed spy tale, that I think was a little more fun for the kids. I never saw the first one, so I can't compare it to that, but it had laughs and extra points because of the Toy Story short that preceded it. 8/10.

Saw "Bad Teacher" with the kid yesterday. They should shorten the title to simply "Bad." There was not a single redeeming thing to that movie. Jason Segel gave it a try, but even he lost all respectability with the very last scene he was in.

Thumbs way, way, way down.

0/10

I finally got around to watching How to Train Your Dragon and it was pretty damn good, despite the horribly inaccurate way they depicted Vikings. Pretty funny that the Night Fury dragon acted like a cat though . . . even though I despise cats.

I'd give it a 7/10

I finally got the kid to agree to seeing "Bridesmaids" with me yesterday. It had been quite a crappy day up until that movie, and we both laughed so hard during it that we left feeling a whole lot lighter than when we got there.

My kid even told Jeff, "You should go see it, it was funny." Jeff said, "Was it a chick flick?" My kid said, "Yeah, but it was for guys, too. It was funny."

10/10 particularly for Kristin Wiig's hilarious attempts at being flirtatious.

I finally got the kid to agree to seeing "Bridesmaids" with me yesterday. It had been quite a crappy day up until that movie, and we both laughed so hard during it that we left feeling a whole lot lighter than when we got there.

My kid even told Jeff, "You should go see it, it was funny." Jeff said, "Was it a chick flick?" My kid said, "Yeah, but it was for guys, too. It was funny."

10/10 particularly for Kristin Wiig's hilarious attempts at being flirtatious.

Everyone keeps saying that "Bridesmaids" is so good, but the previews make it look so terrible.

I guess I'll have to actually give it a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw "Horrible Bosses" yesterday. It was GREAT!!

The little guy with the screechy voice (the one that plays Jennifer Aniston's employee) got on my nerves because of the screechy voice, but that was the only remotely negligible thing about it.

Kevin Spacey plays a horrible boss to perfection.

That makes two great funny movies in a row for me. Yay! :grin:

9/10

I went to the midnight premiere last night. I loved everything up until (spoiler alert) Harry's "death". King's Cross and everything that happened afterward I thought was done incredibly poorly. The Harry-Voldemort fight/chase/whatever that was throughout the halls of Hogwarts was pathetically awful. It took one of the most terrifying villains in modern literature and turned him into some b-movie villain or video game boss. And if you're going to split the book into two movies, INCLUDE EVERYTHING. There was no reason to skip over Dumbledore's backstory. It informs everything he does. At least Minerva, Neville, and Molly Weasley got to be badass...

In the end, I was left with the same feeling I have at the end of most of the Potter movies: Not awful, but I wish Warner Bros. had listened to J.K Rowling and let Terry Gilliam adapt her books.

6/10

I somewhat agree. I've managed to separate the books and movies enough to enjoy them both without comparing them to eachother. But the fight between Harry and Voldy did feel a bit hollow. I hated how they did *spoiler*

Belatrix's death. And Voldemort's for that matter. I like my dead people to just fall over. Not shatter or disolve into ash.

Horrible Bosses, watching a bootleg again. This is one of the best comedies I've seen with a suspenseful plot. I'm a bit biased being an Arrested Development & Always Sunny in Philadelphia fan, and the key star from both shows are main characters in this.

9/10