Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quantum Of Solace - 8/10

I'm not a huge James Bond fan, but I enjoyed this movie. I think Daniel Craig makes a good Bond.

Australia - 9/10

Probably biased here, but I really liked it. I like anything Baz Lurhman does, I think he's a genius. The historical parts of the movie (The Stolen Generation, the Japanese bombing Darwin in WW2) were fascinating and accurate. Not a big fan of Nicole Kidman but I think she did alright here.

Aaaand, I am going to an advance screening of Twilight on Wednesday night :D , the movie isn't released in Australia until next week.

The Other Boleyn Girl sometime in Oct.

Historically inaccurate, but great, authentic looking, sets and costumes. Top-notch acting throughout. Slow & a little hard to follow at times (but that's not saying much since | don't follow well to begin with :D ) The beheading scenes are not for the squeamish !!! Overall I'd givit a mild 6.5 :thumbsup:

**:thumbsup: **this is just a 'thumbs up!' not a trademark :P

My son went with some friends last weekend to see "Four Christmases," and said they laughed their butts off. Which was surprising for some reason...

Anyway, my weekend in the cooooold mountains was cancelled, so I'm making andy take me to see that movie instead - and stay awake through it. ;) I'll be back with my report next week. ;)

I saw Zack and Miri (in fact, I saw it with Lucky!) and I laughed myself sick. It was very crude and rude and awful and the end was predictable, but I love movies that cause me to suspend my disbelief in everything naughty and just snort and guffaw until I'm out of breath. :grin:

The Women. Most definately a chick flick (there's only 1 male figure throughout the entire film). A pretty fair remake of the 1939 classic. Nothing here for the guys, but a great Sunday afternoon film for us girls. Features a very clever line by Meg Ryan ("what do you think this is, a scene from a 1930's movie?"). 8/10