Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter just got back from seeing Twilight. There was no way in Halifax I was going to go see it; she went with her two best friends and they ended up laughing their a$$es off. Is it possible to really enjoy a REALLY lame movie? The main characters were clearly uneasy when doing interviews for Twilight...but I imagine they're laughing all the way to the bank!

Fantasia- I hadn't seen it in a while. I'm glad I watched it again.

I'll rate it by section:

Nutcracker- Really entertaining, a lot better than just listening to it. The visuals add to the dance feel of it.

Sorcerer's Apprentice- I liked it a lot, the animation aged well, still visually spectacular.

Rite Of Spring- I like the piece a lot, but didn't find the animation satisfactory. The story wasn't all that interesting. Still enjoyable though because of the music.

Pastoral Symphony- Another piece I love, and the animation which would be a little cheesy in any other circumstances worked pretty well here.

Dance of the Hours- Didn't like this one at all. I don't like the piece, and the dancing african animals were just goofy.

A Night On Bald Mountain/Ave Maria- This is definetly my favourite. I love both pieces, and the contrast between them made them even better. The animation was very artistic, and the morning colours in the Ave Maria were beautiful. The end was a little cheesy, a little to much swelling chorus in the sunset. Oh well.

all in all a great film