Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Potter Books/Movies (neither of which I've ever read/seen) sound like the perfect choice for a movie medium of many years ago...the serial.

A six hour movie? Hell, make it eight and run it over four weeks (months) in serialization at movie theaters.

I wonder if that would work today.

well, they already did something like that with "the Lord of the Rings" (3 movies à 3 hours (cinema version) or almost 4 hours on DVD)

similar to "Kill Bill" (2 parts)

I can't say if it would work with Harry Potter, but I believe that there are enough fans who would make it a commercial success either way ;)

"Ghost Rider"....ehhhh, it wasn't great, and it didn't completely suck out loud. Nicolas Cage....well, he's no Peter Scolari. I don't really remember much of the soundtrack. I watched it late-night, so I dozed off briefly once or twice. I might watch it again. You'd have to decide for yourself. 5 stars out of 10. How's that for an inconclusive review?

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

Night Listener with Robin Williams and Toni Collette. Not sure, very interesting and strange movie. Wasn't what I thought, was hyped as a thriller, that wasn't there, but you did have some questions at the end. I was drawn to the movie due to the fact it was about a radio show host. And it is based on a true story. But didn't live up to the hype.

5/10

"Ratatouille" 8/10.

MSO likes "easy movies" like "Thunderbirds," "The Incredibles," and "Shrek." I thought that seeing "hard" movies like "Volver" and "Pan's Labyrinth" via DVD would lead to "La Vie en Rose." but the Edith Piaf biopic left for the sticks before she got around to it. So it's a French gourmet rat instead, an otherwise well done salvage job helmed by Brad Bird.

Vive la France, drink the wine and steer clear of the soup! :beatnik:

Edited by Guest
Back from "The Abyss"...

I watched "Se7en" for the hundredth time again last night, and this movie just gets better every time! I love it when the good guys don't always win and there isn't some kinda mushy, sappy happy ending.

All-star cast and phenomenal story. Clever writing and great direction! 10/10!! :thumbsup:

I saw The Godfather, Part III. Is it just me or do they get worse? Even though it was about the 50th time I'd seen it :crazy:

No matter how bad I think it is compared to the other 2 movies, it's still great! 8/10

I didn't think III was as good as the first two either rayzor, but like you, I still enjoyed watching it....I really liked Godfather II the best...

"The Last Mimsy" 8/10

I was at Sam's Club, considering DVDs, reaching for "Band of Brothers" or "The Astronaut Farmer," when I decided on Something Completely Different. So, "Amelie" and "TLM" came home instead. Older brother is an average student, younger sister is a genius...then they find something in the water, and both are changed to prepare them for an unspecified quest. A great film for the family, and for low level SF fans. Hmm, what's Alice Lidell holding in that photo? :afro:

Edited by Guest
They don't go to trial after all.

I didn't think III was as good as the first two either rayzor, but like you, I still enjoyed watching it....I really liked Godfather II the best...

Although Godfather II is a good flick, I think it can't hold a candle to the first... but that's just IMHO. The first 2 are still far better than III... :grin:

Cinderella Man, directed by Ron Howard staring Russell Crowe and Renee Zellweger. The story of New Jersey boxer James Braddock from the 1930's. This was a wonderful story. You laugh, cry, cheer and enjoy every moment of this movie. If you haven't seen this movie and even if you aren't a fan of boxing, check it out. I want to watch it again, beautiful film. 10/10