Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's why I made the very, very bad decision to go and see "Bad Teacher." Which they should have just named "Bad." Because it was.

But I don't blame Jason for that. He was the only bright spot in an otherwise awful movie.

You're right, but he's still annoying....especially on that one show..."Yo, I Did Your Mother".

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester:

He's why I made the very, very bad decision to go and see "Bad Teacher." Which they should have just named "Bad." Because it was.

But I don't blame Jason for that. He was the only bright spot in an otherwise awful movie.

I wanted to see that because of him. Never did though. Heard that was a good decision.

My absolute favorite is "How I Met Your Mother". In my opinion, it's the best show on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Bad Boys II yesterday because I couldn't sleep and nothing better was on, and I have to say that film is really, objectively, for the lack of a better word, bad.

It's basically just a sequence of unfunny jokes and excuses to get to the next exploding car. And all of that with no plot worth noting.

Maybe a 14 year old boy might disagree, but I'll give it 3/10.

btw, have you ever noticed that in action films with car chases and dozens of totalled and exploding cars (or being hit by an exploding boat like in this case), that still no people dying at it?

In action films people don't die while driving/crashing a car, they only die being shot...

as a contrast (fortunately) I also watched The Sting again :)

awesome plot, awesome actors: 9.5/10

• 1 month later...

We rented "Super 8" over the weekend. It was about a bunch of kids who are making a super 8 film for a festival and accidentally record a catastrophic train wreck. This train wreck causes the military to come into town and the disappearance of appliances and people.

Interesting and well-acted, especially by the kids. 8/10.

I'm really looking forward to the new Stephanie Plum movie, "One for the Money." That'll be one I'll probably go see during the day by myself, because it would kill Jeff to have to sit through it. :grin:

Meanwhile, I watched "The Switch" on Netflix the other night. The first 45 minutes had definite possibilities, but the minute they brought the kid into it, it lost all its momentum and went totally formulaic.

I also tried watching "Life as We Know it," which was so boring I couldn't even get through the first full hour.

On the other hand, it may be because I'm so busy that my mind kept going to back to what I SHOULD BE doing rather than what I just wanted to do. *sigh*

Paprika - 8/10

It's basically a really well done animated version of what Inception failed to be - intriguing and entertaining :P

Inuyasha: Affections touching across time - 5/10

I like the Inuyasha movies but it's been a while since I saw them. I guess it's not as good now that I've seen more series in the meantime that are better.

The secret of Kells - 9/10

So beautifully animated in such an different style! I loved it, it made me sad, I shed a tear. Nuff said. (You can watch the whole movie on YouTube as well... just sayin ;) )

Black Swan...very weird...did not care for it too much...5/10

I enjoyed that movie, but I never want to see it again. It disturbed me so much. But I know that, because it was able to evoke that much of a disturbing reaction from me, it was a good movie.

However I don't really think I ever want to see it again.

Persepolis - after the autobiographical graphic novel by Marjane Satrapi, about growing up in the background of the Iranian Revolution.

extremely intelligent film, thought provoking, heart wrenching and in parts absolutely hilarious :D

10/10 and not less

(french trailer with english subtitles)

The film came on TV again yesterday, same rating still applies. :thumbsup:

Especially in the current crisis I think it's important to realise that the Iranian regime is not equal to "the Iranians"... a fact that many people seem to forget the longer the distance to a country is...

Anybody here seen "The Hurt Locker"? I saw that about 6 months ago and it was incredible. It's one of those flicks that just stuck with me for a few weeks afterward.

I told my son about how intense it was and how great Jeremy Renner is in it, and he bought it last week and watched it for the first time a couple of nights ago. I stood in his doorway to ask him a question, and he was so absorbed by the events on the TV that I couldn't get his attention for a minute or two. Thought I was going to have to unplug the TV.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Back to work with me now. :crazy:

I enjoyed that movie, but I never want to see it again. It disturbed me so much. But I know that, because it was able to evoke that much of a disturbing reaction from me, it was a good movie.

However I don't really think I ever want to see it again.

Yes, disturbing is a good way to describe that movie...I agree

I'll have to take Black Swan off my Netflix list, probably! I don't like the disturbing movies. I'm disturbed enough without help. :crazy:

Me and the kid watched "The Town" last night. Never knew Ben Affleck could really act. He was good. Jeremy Renner (Hurt Locker) was in it, too, and he is such a natural actor. Like Robert Downey Junior, only more intense. He does serious stuff, RDJ does some funny stuff.

It's about a gang of 4 guys who are modern-day bank robbers in Charlestown, MA, and the events that occur during one bank robbery have one of them forming a relationship with one of the victims, only she doesn't know who he is.

Really good flick, if you like that kinda thing (by which I mean I prefer comedies, but I know quality when I see it). So on that note...

9/10 (took away a point because it was a little convoluted in the beginning and I had to keep rewinding to make sure I'd caught the pertinent stuff)