Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went to see Captain America: The First Avenger and it was AMAZING! Best of the Marvel Studios films. Chris Evans as Cap was great! And Hugo Weaving played the Red Skull to perfection.

10/10

I saw this film today. Had never heard of the comic nor the movie until yesterday, but my friend and the kid wanted to see it so I tagged along. It was fun entertainment, but to someone who knows nothing about the comic book, fun entertainment was all it was. We are intrigued, however, with how they went about making him such a scrawny scrapper in the beginning and then bulking him up in both height and weight. That was a good trick.

You've never heard of Captain America?

Where do you live? Canada?

I'm also interested in where you are from . . . everyone I know has heard of Captain America. Even my friends from Korea, Russia, and Africa have heard of Cap. Anywho, did you stay for the Avengers trailer after the credits? The Avengers is really the purpose of the Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor movies. They're really all part of a much bigger picture.

It's an exciting time to be a comic book fan.

I'm from San Diego. I have heard of Captain America, but just in the general atmosphere. I didn't know it was a comic, since I never read comics. The only superheros I was ever familiar with (through my brother's comic books) were Superman, Spiderman, and Batman. So I didn't know a back story, characters, nothing... but I had heard the name.

No, we didn't see an Avengers trailer... we pretty much left right when the credits were running...

• 2 weeks later...

I know "Captain America" just from the title... same with that Green Lantern guy

thank goodness I'm not the only one. :crazy:

Watched "Brothers" last night. Supposed to be the story of one brother going off to fight in Afghanistan and getting jealous of his wife and his brother when he gets home, who he assumes had an affair while he was gone.

The storyline as far as what they advertised it as was really weak. If they had plugged it as a wrenching drama about the ravages of war on families, it would have been much better on that premise alone. Because that's what it is.

The main actors, Jake Gyllenhaal, Toby Maguire, Natalie Portman, are so good it was pretty easy to overlook the weak storyline. Just watching them - particularly Maguire toward the end - inhabit their roles was worth the price of the rental. And it portrayed a part of the soldier's family's troubles that I was surprised had never occurred to me before to think about: what if the young children who watched Daddy go off to war decide they don't like the new Daddy when he comes home? Along with everything he's already been through, he has to deal with that possibility.

Anyway, I'll say 7/10 on the strength of the acting alone. Just don't go into it expecting to see some juicy jealousy drama... this drama is much more intense, and they should have credited it that way.

Took the kid to see "Winnie The Pooh" last week. It was cute and reminded me of the cartoons I saw as a kid, and even though many of the voice actors were different, they sounded like the same old characters from my childhood. Zooey Deschanel sings the "Winnie the Pooh" theme song at the beginning and a new song called "So Long" at the end. 7/10

Horrible Bosses, watching a bootleg again. This is one of the best comedies I've seen with a suspenseful plot. I'm a bit biased being an Arrested Development & Always Sunny in Philadelphia fan, and the key star from both shows are main characters in this.

9/10

Just watched it this weekend. I found it funny yes, Jason Bateman most of the time is good in this film,but Jason Sudeikis character/acting really bothers me. It has no depth or luster at all he really always comes off as an a-hole and bores me(and it's not cause he's great actor) on SNL and in his movies.

Jenn Aniston- was as usual hot with a chance of funny( she turned it up a notch with the cruder jokes)

Charlie Day- was descent and had some really great lines when he was high on coke and the dirty talk to his boss towards the end.

Kevin Spacey- was great he can play a prick like no other, but he's a good actor unlike Sudeikis.

Colin Farrel- was awesome he really played that character well.

Great appearances by Julie Bowen(Modern Family),Donald Sutherland,Bob Newhart

Bad appearances by Jamie Foxx and Ron White

Foxx is character was dumb and need reworking and White's was forgettable.

So overall I gave this movie 6/10 and that alone was the supporting cast performances and not really by the lead actors.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

The Social Network. we had to watch it for my English studies class to compare Mark Zuckkerberg to Macbeth. in the sense that they both go to extremes to get what they want. thought that Micheal Cera did a good job interpenetrating mark however after doing research on the real mark zuckkerberg, they made him look a bit ruder and "bad" in the movie. they also made it look like one of his main ambitions for creating Facebook was to get girls, but really he has had the same girlfriend since before creating Facebook.

Watched "The Conspirator" last night, about the trial of the 8 conspirators involved in the plot to assasinate Lincoln, VP Johnson and Secretary of State Seward. It focused on one of the conspirators, Mary Surratt, and whether she truly was involved. In the government's rush to punish the criminals, she was implicated simply on the account of two men who may have been prompted by the prosecution and by being the mother of one of the conspirators, who fled and had not been found.

Directed by Robert Redford and starring James McEvoy, Robin Wright and Kevin Kline. I give it 7.5/10

... they also made it look like one of his main ambitions for creating Facebook was to get girls, but really he has had the same girlfriend since before creating Facebook.

Hahah. Since when has amassing tons of money and fame not been about getting girls? Gene Simmons has had the same doormat of a wife while scoring with hundreds of girls at the same time :beatnik: