Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A week or so ago I saw "Bridesmaids". Even though it's advertised as "The Hangover" with women, my husband (who's seen The Hangover) said it was not as raunchy. There are few raunchy scenes, but it was very funny and it did have a chick-flicky ending. 7/10.

Just saw Bridesmaids and agree with Jenny's hubby - not nearly as good as The Hangover. Would have been funnier if they actually had the bachelorette party instead of getting off the plane.

Wilson Phillips appears though, which is interesting. Way too many chick-flick elements in this on though.

5/10

I never got a chance to see the hangover though everyone that has seen it says the same thing, "It's hilarious!"

The part II version hopefully follows the same tradition even though it's rare to the extreme when a sequel is as good as its predecessor.

The only example I can come up with in such short notice is the Godfather part II.

I never got a chance to see the hangover though everyone that has seen it says the same thing, "It's hilarious!"

The part II version hopefully follows the same tradition even though it's rare to the extreme when a sequel is as good as its predecessor.

The only example I can come up with in such short notice is the Godfather part II.

Superman II was far better than Superman: The Movie.

And, of course Empire Strikes Back.

But yeah, it is pretty rare that the sequels measure up to the original.

Anywho, went to see X-Men: First Class last night and it was much better than expected. I figured it would be enjoyable, but nothing spectacular. I really like James McAvoy so I was biased there. I'm a pretty big fan of Kevin Bacon as well. But Michael Fassbender (Magneto) stole the show. The action was good, the story was good, and the acting was really good. I was impressed and that's pretty spectacular coming from a loyal DC fan.

I'd give it a 9/10

Hmmm. You make it sound interesting enough to want to watch it. :)

Have you ever read any of the Warren comics? (Eerie, Creepy, Famous Monsters of Filmland or Vampirella)

Also, regarding sequels, Sergio Leone's archetypal "Dollars Trilogy" or "Man with No Name" which included A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly put nice spicey meatballs on the spahgetti westerns.

In this extreme case, it's my opinion that part III is best. Mexican revolution was rampant.

:)

"Hereafter"....6/10. They barely scraped the surface with this fascinating subject. I'd hoped for more.

I watched about 30-40 minutes of "Inception". Sorry. I just couldn't get into it. Too slow moving. Were they afraid the subject was too deep for the average viewer? Nope...not nearly deep enough. I won't rate it because I didn't watch the whole movie. The 40 or so minutes I did watch get a 2/10/

I just went to see the midnight premiere of Green Lantern and I have to say, IT WAS AWESOME! As a die hard fan of the comics I obviously went in with just a tiny bit of bias. But it was still good, definitely not deserving of all the negativity from the critics. It was a fun movie with a solid story and good action. I don't know what people are expecting from a comic book movie about a space cop in a suit made of light making whatever he can imagine out of pure energy.

Anywho, not every comic book movie is going to be dark and gritty, and they shouldn't have to.

I'd give it a 8/10. I'm docking it two points because Mark Strong as Sinestro doesn't have near enough screen time.

I watched about 30-40 minutes of "Inception". Sorry. I just couldn't get into it. Too slow moving. Were they afraid the subject was too deep for the average viewer? Nope...not nearly deep enough. I won't rate it because I didn't watch the whole movie. The 40 or so minutes I did watch get a 2/10/

I didn't care for it either...a very confusing movie, at least to me it was...Unfortunately we paid money to see it at the movies, so I pretty much had to stay for all of it...I don't even remember how it ended, so I guess you didn't miss much Joe... :thumbsdown:

talked the kid into watching "An American Werewolf in London" with me finally. It's been 20-something years since I've seen it and I had a hankerin'.

It was such a good bit of fluff! I remember loving that movie when it came out. The kid even liked it... not great effects like what he's used to, but he thought it adequate.

8/10 for the pure fun of it. :)