Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

Make sure to give it a -10 points if it's a s**tbox 360 game since any hardware microd**k makes tends to crap out in less than a year. Jesus h., when you're not getting bsoded to death on a pc, then you're getting the shaft with their rrod. Thing's as reliable as a Yugo! A big lemon of a system. The s**tbox 360 is a craptastic piece of crap that, unfortunately, gets a lot of 3rd party support. And don't get me started on their on-line store scam:

1. It requires you to buy their stupid (and weak) wireless card.

2. It requires you to buy their stupid on-line subscription.

3. It requires you to use microd**k points to get anything from their on-line scam.

4. It doesn't sell you anything, just the game: no box, no cover art, no manual.

5. It requires you to save it into your crappy s**tbox 360, which may explode at any moment.

It's an on-going gag at my parents' home that I refer to this console by the following names: s**tbox 3-s***ty, microd**k, and xbl0x 180 (since it does the opposite of work properly).

And, yes, I also own one of these console terds mainly because of this:

500x_deathsmiles.jpg

:rockon:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure to give it a -10 points if it's a s**tbox 360 game since any hardware microd**k makes tends to crap out in less than a year. Jesus h., when you're not getting bsoded to death on a pc, then you're getting the shaft with their rrod. Thing's as reliable as a Yugo! A big lemon of a system. The s**tbox 360 is a craptastic piece of crap that, unfortunately, gets a lot of 3rd party support. And don't get me started on their on-line store scam:

1. It requires you to buy their stupid (and weak) wireless card.

2. It requires you to buy their stupid on-line subscription.

3. It requires you to use microd**k points to get anything from their on-line scam.

4. It doesn't sell you anything, just the game: no box, no cover art, no manual.

5. It requires you to save it into your crappy s**tbox 360, which may explode at any moment.

It's an on-going gag at my parents' home that I refer to this console by the following names: s**tbox 3-s***ty, microd**k, and xbl0x 180 (since it does the opposite of work properly).

And, yes, I also own one of these console terds mainly because of this:

500x_deathsmiles.jpg

:rockon:

I couldn't agree with you more.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother made me watch Alien vs. Predator . . . So I had to watch Alien and Predator back to back just to get it out of my system.

Alien vs. Predator - 5/10 (Five points for the fact that Xenomotphs are awesome regardless of what they're in)

Alien - 10/10

First movie to make me unable to sleep

Predator - 7/10

Skyline directed by Colin Strause & Greg Strause. Written by Joshua Cordes & Liam O'Donnell.

I went to this movie not expecting very much, but I still went away deeply disappointed.

The Brothers Strause are respected visual effects wizards recognized for their work on big-budget films and music videos. In this case, they financed the movie on their own without studio backing, and it really shows. It bummed me to pay full ticket price for something that comes across as a mostly lackadaisical practice shot (for the writers and most of the actors as well). It is set almost entirely in an apartment complex, and hopes of escaping the claustrophobia only lead as far as the rooftop or the garage. However, if you're starved for fakey-looking fireball explosions, you'll get your fill. I consider 2/10 a generous rating for this drivel (that's out of respect for actors Donald Faison and David Zayas trying hard). I couldn't recommend it even when comes out as a DVD rental, which will be very soon, no doubt.

Incidentally, the Brothers Strause also directed Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, still another sequel RyanTurtle can add to the cluster. I haven't seen that film, and after the Skyline experience, I don't intend to.

Just went to the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I

I thought it was great! The cinematography was fantastic and the music was epic (as usual). It was considerably darker than the others, but this is no real surprise to those who have read the books. There were some elements that I could have done without, but this is a spoiler free zone.

Overall I'd give it a 8/10

Oh and some extra points for the preview for Green Lantern

I watched "Cold Mountain" on DVD last week. 8/10. I liked the book and the movie did a nice job of portraying the major events of the book, even if not 100% faithful. The casting could have been a little more faithful to the book, but a movie's gotta sell tickets!

We went to see "Megamind" this weekend. A lot of jokes in there for the parents, but still a lot of fun for the kids. Cute and funny. 7/10.

"The Edge of Darkness" I found to be an edge-of-the-seater!

It starred Mel Gibson (he still acts...well).

If we've learned anything from Mel Gibson, and we haven't, it would be that he puts passion into his roles.

I rate it 9/7

I agree! I watched that last night expecting to see a washed up actor stumbling through a wreck of a movie, but it turned out to be one of his best.

Exactly, Mr. Turtle!

BTW, how is the-soon-to-be Ms. Turtlette doing?

I'm sure y'all have one shell of a good time! (teehee)

And even if y'all don't, both of you will crawl up inside each other's ...for lack of a better word; shell. . . abalone!

It's a win/win scenario for turtle doves as far as the horizon lets me see, blindfolded and at night during a new moon with obscured clouds leaped up in picturesque disorder resembling large wolf packs howling for the mother they never had . . .

:P

lol

:cool:

Exactly, Mr. Turtle!

BTW, how is the-soon-to-be Ms. Turtlette doing?

I'm sure y'all have one shell of a good time! (teehee)

And even if y'all don't, both of you will crawl up inside each other's ...for lack of a better word; shell. . . abalone!

It's a win/win scenario for turtle doves as far as the horizon lets me see, blindfolded and at night during a new moon with obscured clouds leaped up in picturesque disorder resembling large wolf packs howling for the mother they never had . . .

:P

lol

:cool:

Turtle joke overload! Ha! We're doing great! We're getting married in May after next semester is over so it doesn't interfere with school. There is so much involved in planning a wedding, but the only thing I'm in charge of is music and hiring the photographer. :)

"Love And Other Drugs"- 8/10.

Saw this with my girlfriend the other night. Parents were kind enough to babysit so she and I could have a night out. This was a good movie. Lots and lots and lots of nudity. But considering it was Anne Hathaway, I didn't terribly mind ;) .

Otherwise, it was also a good story. Funny when it needed to be, but not trying too hard to be funny, and romantic when it needed to be, but not trying too hard to be romantic. A few moments were relatively cliche, but that happens. Great date movie though.

Plus, it's always nice to see George Segal still in a job ;)