Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punishment%2BPark.jpg

Simple premise: round up any political dissenters and social misfits, convict them of various crimes under obscure/draconian laws, and give them one choice - years in federal penitentiaries or Punishment Park?

Great movie recorded and edited in a documentarian style with a theme that is very relevant to today. In fact, I was surprised this was from 1971. I also liked the use of mostly non-actors for all the roles, which adds to the memorable performances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkIgY3DdAt4

Trivia: it aired on television in Denmark and it prompted a denouncement of the US... they didn't know the movie was fiction :beatnik:

Inception: 8/10

Two hours in, I wasn't sure if I was going to love or hate this movie, but they pulled it together at the end. Could have used some more editing, but a very good movie.

I felt the same way Carl...I think it's definitely a "guy" movie..hubby loved it...I thought it was okay, and yes the ending was pretty good...I think they overdid it on the special effects stuff, and car chases, and kick-a## scenes, and shoot outs...besides all that it would of been a pretty good movie ;) ... I give it 7/10

Looks like Michael Cera is really stepping out of his comfort zone on that one :smirk:

Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'd feel a little creeped out if Michael Cera is still playing parts like George Michael Bluth when he hits forty. Although a forty year old George Michael doing his light saber routine would be awesome. :thumbsup:

... nobody complains when Nick Cage plays the same character he has been for twenty tears.

I've been complaining for the past twenty years!

I saw "The Runaways". It was much cooler that I thought it was gonna be. I still think Dakota Fanning is the Devil, but she played a pretty cool part, as did that Vampire-lovin' chick.

I think they should have focused more on Lita Ford, though (just my opinion). :googly:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Saw The Other Guys today.

If you like Will Ferrell, you'll love this movie. Even though it's not a very typical Will Ferrell movie, it's still there. And being that it's Adam McKay (Anchorman, Talledega Nights, Step Brothers) it's gonna be like that.

But definitely worth seeing. In my opinion, second favorite Will Ferrell movie behind Step Brothers.

I've been complaining for the past twenty years!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will not watch any movie that has nicolas coppola in it because it is automatically bad and, if I were to watch it, it's definitely up to everyone else to make it go from bad to good :beatnik:

On the same note, thank God I've been able to avoid that michael cera drek...