Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

State of Play. Americanized remake of the British television series. It wasn't nearly as good as the tv mini series, but I still enjoyed it. I wouldn't have really understood the plot had I not seen the series first so it might be tough for others, but for me it was pretty good. 7.5/10

One, Two, Three

by Billy Wilder

C.R. MacNamara: What were you doing in East Berlin?

Scarlet: You mean last night?

C.R. MacNamara: I mean *all* those nights.

Scarlet: You see, there's this boy over there. Wow!

C.R. MacNamara: What boy? What have you been up to?

Scarlet: Well, I met him about six weeks ago. I went into East Berlin and there was this parade and they wanted to arrest me.

C.R. MacNamara: Arrest you?

Scarlet: Because I was taking pictures. And then this boy, he was in the parade, he said to the police man I shouldn't be arrested, I should be pitied, because I was a typical bourgeois parasite and the rotten fruit of a corrupt civilization. So naturally, I fell in love with him.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: 9.5/10

"The Invention of Lying."

The first 1/2 hour was a non-stop laugh, because no one tells lies - they all lay it right on the line, and it works well and very funny. Things take a slight turn, and it's still on a rather funny path... but then it gets a little too Mary Poppins-ish for a while. Then another wicked twist at the end that cause me to spit my soda because I laughed so hard.

So, yeah, if you need a good ripsnortin' time, go see it. And check out Jennifer Garner's ears. They stick out soooo far, it surreal.

8/10

One of my residents wanted to see Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs tonight....It was very entertaining, and yeah it's a kids movie, but still I'm not much for animated movies...Kind of a silly story so I'm not sure how to rate this one... :P

Watched Dead Man Walking last week...it had my interest at first, but then it just ended up being a long drawn out depressing story...I didn't care for it at all....4/10

I just saw the documentary Anvil, The Story Of Anvil. Two childhoood buddies from Toronto started a Heavy Metal band in 1982. They had brief success, then straight to obcurity. Now in their Fifties, they are still chasing the dream. This is a great flick. It's funny and very touching. Yeah, I did get a little teary. You got a problem with that.

Edited by Guest

I just saw the documentary Anvil, The Story Of Anvil. Two childhoood buddies from Toronto started a Heavy Metal band in 1982. They had brief success, then straight to obcurity. Now in their Fifties, they are still chasing the dream. This is a great flick. It's funny and very touching. Yeah, I did get a little teary. You got a problem with that.

A friend of mine did an interview with one of the guys in Anvil over the phone referring to them as 'the real Spinal Tap' - it's on podcast, if you're keen to hear it :)

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas .... good, but very disturbing. 7/10 :P

Saw this the other night, as well. It made me think about the mental/emotional struggles that must have gripped those citizens who opposed the philosophy of the Reich.

Very good cinematography and editing in this movie.

Titanic definitely....But if you haven't seen it Kevin, the ship sinks.... :jester:

Oh thanks heaps, Laurie the Spoiler! :P

And I was going to rent that over the weekend. :mad:

"Observe and Report"

4/10

bleeeccchhh. What a horrible dark disturbing long movie that was.

I could have done without the streaker. When I saw this at the theater, part of the film got stuck on the projecter and the movie was delayed for a few minutes. Luckily it was during the part that I didn't want to see anyways.