Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

Apocalypto, the cut version

which is probably a good thing, since I wasn't in the mood for too much gore

good film, 7.5/10 :)

Dude, you totally missed out on the sacrifices. I love that part of the movie! Besides, Gibson is all about the gore. If you were to cut out the gore from The Passion, we'd only be left with the first 30 minutes of the movie :cool:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow of a Doubt (1943)

Unlike a lot of people I know, I love the classics of the 30's, 40's and 50's. This is one of my favourite Alfred Hitchcock movies. A dark, cynical film that explores the evil hidden within a supposedly normal, happy American family. Teresa Wright and Joseph Cotton are excellent as the bright, innocent teenager, 'Charlie' and her corrupt, psychopathic Uncle Charles respectively.

The film centers around how their relationship disintegrates from one of love and affection to suspicion, hatred and ultimately murder as she gradually discovers the horrible secrets her Uncle has been hiding from everyone. Beautifully shot and brilliantly directed: 9/10

We went to see Inglourious Basterds over the weekend.

Quite entertaining, with all usual characteristics of a Tarantino film: a perfect cast, extended dialogue sequences and brutal violence in a film that ignores historical facts and goes for a somewhat more satisfying end to WWII. Most WWII films that have anything to do with Jews portray them as helpless victims; here they are the ones hunting the Nazis.

The cast and the acting are excellent. Christoph Waltz, is outstanding as the evil, but charming, Jew-hunting SS Colonel. I'm not a Brad Pitt fan but he is pretty entertaining here as the all-American no-nonsense leader of the "Basterds", complete with a Southern drawl. French actress Melanie Laurent is also perfect as a beautiful Jew in hiding who pursues her own form of justice.

Most of it is in German and French so there are English subtitles, but since a lot of my favourite movies are foreign ones with subtitles it didn't bother me, though at times the translation seemed to lag a bit. It was also a little long since there is more conversation and build-up in scenes rather than just action.

All in all, I won't say one of Tarantino's best, but not bad either.

7.5/10

Sunshine Cleaners. :P Don't waste your time. 4/10.

Have to disagree with you here...! I just watched it and I LOVED it. Quirky, odd setting, good story, top notch acting.

I will concede, though, that I can see where you'd have to be in a certain sort of mood to enjoy it. It happens that I was in that mood tonight.

9.5/10

Catch22. It's been 25 years since I've seen it. I'm glad because it made me realize all over again what a great movie it is. 8.5/10

Regarding Sunshine Cleaners ... I liked it. I enjoyed the whole film. But just about the time they actually began to develope the plot, it ended. It's not that it ended leaving me wondering, and wanting more. I could've appreciated that. It was more that they didn't know where else to go so, eh, the end. That ruined it for me, it was like half a film.

I rented an oldie the other night, "Wimbledon." A love story set on a backdrop of the Wimbledon games.

If not for the ridiculously watchable Paul Bettany, this movie would have sucked out loud. As it was, he was the only thing that kept it going. But he was enough.

Kirsten Dunst DOES suck out loud as an actress. she's the worst actress I've seen since Jennifer Jason Leigh's no-acting acting. Even in "Interview With the Vampire" I thought Kirsten Dunst, at 8 years old, was awful, and she hasn't improved. At all.

The story is totally predictable and a little bit nauseatingly sweet. But I'll give it a

7.5/10

just for Paul Bettany. He throws humor in at just the right times, and he makes his role work well.

Pride And Glory ... Edward Norton, Collin Farell, Jon Voight....Story about police corruption in NYC...good movie, kept me on the edge of my seat...I like just about any movie with Edward Norton in it anyways....7/10...I'd give it a higher rating, but it has some disturbing scenes..one scene inparticular, so I had to take a few points off for that...other than that one scene...it's a pretty good movie....