Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Secret Life of Words"

with Tim Robbins

it starts as a pretty average drama, until maybe two thirds into the movie the plot takes a sudden, completely unexpected twist... 7/10

Spoiler Alert!

War sucks... big time! :thumbsdown:

Fahrenheit 451

a classic in minimalistic 60s design :thumbsup: 9/10

I'm not knocking DeNiro's performance - he was really good and creepy. The movie just moved so damn slow. I've gotta say, though, when the camera was panning all the dead bodies with heads blown off and various body parts splattered around, and then the harp music began, I about laughed out loud. It was so very out of place.

DeNiro was pretty hot back in the day. :googly: I don't remember him being so good looking.

"Are you talkin' to me?"

sorry I couldn't resist. :smirk:

So has anyone seen "The Wrestler" yet? We just got it today, but probably won't have the chance to watch it for several days. I've really never cared for Mickey Rourke, but this part seems like it was custom made for him, and I've heard nothing but good things.

So has anyone seen "The Wrestler" yet? We just got it today, but probably won't have the chance to watch it for several days. I've really never cared for Mickey Rourke, but this part seems like it was custom made for him, and I've heard nothing but good things.

I reviewed The Wrestler midway on page 79 of this thread, Carole.

See it.

I've recently undergone an impressive spate of movie watching, some I've seen and some I hadn't. Last night it was Bonnie & Clyde and Taxi Driver and tonight will be The Last Picture Show and MASH

Amadeus

Big Fish

Bye Bye Birdie

Cabaret

Casablanca

Dr. Strangelove or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Hair

The Hours

I ♥ Huckabees

I’m Not There

La Vie en Rose

Laura

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Muppet Movie

Notes on a Scandal

Rebecca

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Star Trek : The Movie *

Sylvia

Not the new one-the older, fatter, less hair having original 1979 movie.

I just watched "Hounddog," the super controversial movie starring Dakota Fanning. It is really really good. I won't say "enjoyable" because it's actually quite painful to watch, but jeez that girl is a good little actress. She's much older than her physical age.

It's certainly not a feel-good story, so don't go into it thinking it'll leave you smiling... not the pat Hollywood ending... but definitely an interesting twist in the final scene.

10/10 for Dakota Fanning alone.

9.5/10 for the rest of the movie. Very well done.

The Dark Knight....Blah...I tried to watch it, but it just didn't interest me...I can't even rate it I guess cause I didn't watch the whole movie....I changed the channel and now I'm watching "Pursuit Of Happiness" with Will Smith...I like this movie much better... :)

Edit: I wish I had seen the first part of this movie, but oh well...

Now I'm following in Shannon's footsteps, and watching a string of movies tonight...

I'm watching "John Q"....seen it before but it's a good one to watch again.....Love Denzel! :P

Edited by Guest

Gran Torino is at the top of our list, I can't wait to see it.

So has anyone seen "The Wrestler" yet?

This movie was so much better than I ever thought it would be. I love character studies, and this film was just so very real, and raw. I've never really enjoyed Mickey Rourke before, but he played this part perfectly. Marissa Tomei was superb. I really was surprised by how very much I liked the film. 9/10

Duplicity starring Julia Roberts and Clive Owens.

In this film age that stresses the need for genre establishment (thanks, Tarantino,) one-upsmanship (thanks, Supersized) and originality in presentation (thanks Shayamalan;) who needs a plot that speaks to the heart or causes one to ponder themes? Intellect - and specifically memory testing - sometimes seem to wear the crown jewels in many of today's movies. Duplicity has foregone any semblance of valuable meaning and, through myriad flahbacks/forwards and confusing dialogue, inserted in its place a seeming contender for winning the current fad/game of "Figure This One Out - I Dare you!"

What my wife, two friends and I figured out after seeeing this luxuriously filmed Oceans 11-type "caper/sleuth" movie was the feeling we had had our pockets picked for 6 bucks apiece.

5/10 because the actors really, really tried to sell this exercise in how a screenwriter without a clear vision may sometimes write themselves into a pretzel.