Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

I took my son to see Twilight yesterday, because he is enthusiastically reading the series of books upon which the movie is based. I knew little about the story going in, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised. It was beautifully filmed and it provided an interesting twist to the vampire legend.

A relatively unknown group of actors were, on the whole, very good.

8/10

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asterix at the Olympic Games (en francais avec les english subtitles)

20/10, but I might be a bit biased because I love Asterix so much. It's a real life movie, not an animation. But it's excellently made... much better than what I'd seen of real-people Asterix movies in the past. I love it, I love it, I love it! At the Chariot Races a whole 5 minutes were devoted to screentime for Germanie's entry... a gorgeous red and black Ferrari Chariot ridden by none other than Schumix (surely you know him :shades:). It's not based on the book much, but you always know things will be ok in the end.

Internt reviews say it's no good, I dunno why... maybe I'm too much a fan of the books (or not enough). Either way, it made me happy and I am jealous of everyone who has those cool Viking ancestors :susel:

Slumdog Millionaire :D :D

'tis a good movie, but I am surprised it was nominated for 10 Oscars. There are quite a lot of Hindi movies like that, but I think this one got the extra attention because it was made by a foreigner. Also, listening to them speak English whenever they do (i.e. almost throughout the movie) sounds extremely awkward. It's just wrong!!

No denying it keeps you hooked though - 7.5/10, cos I've seen better and never saw THEM nominated for Oscars.

I'm very very glad A.R. Rahman is getting some international recognition - no one deserves it more.

The Neverending Story 8/10

A childhood favourite which I watched again last night. Yes, there is obviously bad acting in spots and the effects are dated - but it is still awesome and could capture any child's imagination.

Loved it! :rockon:

The sequel was the worst movie I ever saw as a kid...

The Neverending Story 8/10

A childhood favourite which I watched again last night. Yes, there is obviously bad acting in spots and the effects are dated - but it is still awesome and could capture any child's imagination.

Loved it! :rockon:

Sweet Sue, I cannot tell you how many times I saw The Neverending Story as a child. It is one of my very favorite movies from when I was young. Atreyu was quite the kiddie heart throb :googly:

"From The Earth To The Moon" (HBO Miniseries) I was about to touch down on Mare Tranquilitatus with Neil Armstrong and "Buzz" Aldrin in Part 6, when I got word that the AlBook had been repaired. I saw this 9 part DVD set at Costco, and decided it was time to "go lunar" once and for all. 9/10 so far.

Rock On - a hindi movie about a band that in its prime was the biggest thing in the country. In a bid to cut an album and make a music video they enter a 'battle of the bands' sort of contest and win. Their new producer is obviously all about what sells and not about the music. The debate on to-sell-out or not-to-sell out results in the break up of the band. However, since this is bollywood, ten years later by several fortunate twists of fate they get the chance to perform one last time. It's all very happy ending (apart from the keyboardist with the brain tumour) and predictable, but I liked it. Nice little movie - 9/10 in Bollywood terms.

Sweet Sue, I cannot tell you how many times I saw The Neverending Story as a child. It is one of my very favorite movies from when I was young. Atreyu was quite the kiddie heart throb :googly:

Right on! He had the hair and those deep, warrior eyes... *sigh*

Last night I saw "The Wrestler". I am going to give it an 8/10. Firstly because I struggle to stay focused with shaky "first person type" camera work, and secondly because the subject is not really my thang.

But I enjoyed it and felt a little sniffle coming on at the end.

I do wonder how much they had to ugly up Mickey Rourke though... that dude already looks like he sat too close to the deep fat fryer :|