Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched "The Duchess" with Keira Knightley today. Not being a Keira fan, I was not expecting much. I was so wrong. She proved she's a very talented actor in that movie. I was riveted. It was a great story and very well told. She deserves an Oscar nomination for her role, she was that good.

10++/10

Dreams to Remember: The Legacy of Otis Redding (2007)

We've seen all the usual footage from the history of rock and Monterey Pop. But when they say fresh film footage, that gets my attention. And while it was exciting to see the new footage, the overall documentary was only a 7/10. Too many awful lip-synching clips to suit me.

But plenty of stories from Steve Cropper (Booker T. & the M.G.s), Wayne Jackson (Memphis Horns) and Jim Stewart (founder of Stax Records).

Still very well Produce by Reelin' In the Years based right here in San Diego.

:cool:

I didn´t even know there was an old one... :) No, the remake, the one with Brad & George...

the original one was with the Rat Pack (F. Sinatra, D. Martin and co)

I quite like the new one though :)

and even if 12 and 13 weren't as good, I would still watch them on TV if there's nothing better :)

"I'm Not There " : 2/10

Wish I hadn't been 'there' as well . What I'd hoped would be a bio-pic of Bob Dylan turned into some surreal circus . Had a moment or two of clarity , but preferred to leave one in some self-centered 'Rolling Stone ' -kind of monstrosity - which they've hyped as the best picture of the year . Absolute crap , except for the original songs which do nothing to help this piece of shite out .

Recommended if one needs some sleep though , as it is sure to overtake you .

"I'm Not There " : 2/10

Wish I hadn't been 'there' as well . What I'd hoped would be a bio-pic of Bob Dylan turned into some surreal circus . Had a moment or two of clarity , but preferred to leave one in some self-centered 'Rolling Stone ' -kind of monstrosity - which they've hyped as the best picture of the year . Absolute crap , except for the original songs which do nothing to help this piece of shite out .

Recommended if one needs some sleep though , as it is sure to overtake you .

I really liked it...