Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spirit

From the makers of Sin City and 300, although not as intense. The preview claims it to be the greatest film of 2008, although a majority of people who've seen it, disagree. I had a hard time following the plot and may need to give it a second viewing to better understand the premise of the whole movie.

7/10

I'd heard her sing before, but she really does have a great voice, doesn't she? I was surprised by them all. Well maybe not so much by Pierce Brosnan. His voice was about what I expected. :P:D

I'd rather look at him than hear him sing ;)

I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and loved it. Cate Blanchette is amazing.

Tropic Thunder

It was ok for the first 1/2 of the movie, but then ran out of ideas for the plot.

4/10

Tropic Thunder was funny, but sort of stupid. It apparently made me stupid as well. The beginning is pretty gross, and part of the plot is that the movie about making a movie. I kept reminding myself that the grossness wasn't real, it was for the movie (within the movie). Like I said, it made me stupid. It's never real, it's always just a movie. :doh: :D

Hancock...silly crap not befitting Will Smith. 6/10.

Yup, I just watched that too. Would've worked better as a straightforward comedy. It tried to take itself too seriously at the end, and all throughout it hit the viewer in the face with foreshadowing so obvious as to make the "twist" even stupider than it already would have been.

I watched the 1925 version of Gaston Leroux's The Phantom Of The Opera, starring Lon Chaney. I forget who directed it, but it was the most faithful adaptation of the book I have seen. The new score from 1993 or 1994 wasn't bad either. I'll probably end up getting it if I find a good and clean video version :beatnik:

I also watched the last part of In The Bedroom again... watta waste of film, time, and potential. A craptastic movie, if there is one to name at the moment.

Yesterday, I took the kids to see Marley & Me. Despite the predictablity of the plot (and I use the word loosely here), the movie is a funny and moving account of a family's relationship with the "world's worst dog". It's based on a series of articles and a short story by a journalist called John Grogan.

At the end of the movie, there wasn't a dry eye in the theatre. I'm not a huge fan of Owen Wilson, but he does a very good in this film. Jennifer Anniston is also much better than I expected.

7.5/10

I finally watched The English Patient. Which, up until the very final 1/2 hour, was a really good flick. Then it got all requisite and stupid, with the weepy girl with a cracked rib and broken ankle DYING in a cave... presumably because he left her there so long before he could come and get her, but then her corpse didn't have a hair - or a skin particle - out of place. I hate it when I can't suspend my disbelief sometimes because the movie gets too smarmy.

But 9/10 for everything up to that point.