Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

I took the family to see Wall-E. There's not a huge lot of choice when the tastes of three children need to be accommodated. My teen-aged daughter thought it "sucked", the boys enjoyed it, and my husband didn't fall asleep...so it was definitely worth seeing. 8/10

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, your teenage daughter needs to get her teenage head out of her teenage butt. I saw the first midnight showing of it with my teenage friends, and we all agreed it was one of the best, if not the best, animated movies we've ever seen, and quite possibly an Oscar contender. If she thinks it's not "cool" to like Wall-E, she's being silly.

Stepbrothers - 9.9/10

It was hi-freaking-larious! It was as dumb as it could possibly be but I couldn't get enough of it.

Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay - .01/10

I was betrunken and it still sucked out loud. I only gave it a .01 instead of a negative 23 because my gloriously fantastic Neil Patrick Harris had a cameo. Once again, NPH saves the day.

" The Vikings " ( 1958 ) : Kirk Douglas , Tony Curtis , Ernest Borgnine , Janet Leigh 8.5/10

A great afternoon action/drama matinee movie ! Good script and acting mostly -perhaps a bit over the top at times - and though historically inaccurate , neither ruin the film as a whole .If you like those old pirate movies , you'll like this too, I think , as it a bit more sophisticated in plot . Good stuff ! :popcorn: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Tropic Thunder - 8/10

Not quite as rip roaring high-larious as I thought it was going to be, but still pretty durned funny. Obviously, high marks of praise go to my pudgy and perfect future ex-husband Jack Black. I love to see that man run around in his drawers. But the true star is Robert Downey, Jr. They almost never give out Oscars for comedies*, but I think he deserves one for this performance. Good stuff.

*One exception being the glorious Kevin Kline in "A Fish Called Wanda". See here! (WARNING: Some adult language.)

The Searchers : (1956 ) John Wayne , Natalie Wood : 7/10

A Western , naturally , where two cowboys go in search of a niece and 'sister' who has been kidnapped by a group of Commanches . Directed by Glenn Ford , it has beautiful cinematography , and a somewhat superior story-line compared with it's contemporaries . However , this is not a PC movie and the dialogue may seem corny at times now , but a good afternoon matinee watch if you like ' The Duke ' . If you are looking for an Eastwood-type flick or an edgy story , this one isn't for you , though .

In high school in 1972, or 73, the novel was required reading for English Lit, and we watched the film in class. No longer?

I read "Clockwork Oange" in 1972 too... it was funny, it was plenty of Russian words... I saw the movie when it was released and had to like it. Now I think I wouldn´t... :P

We saw "Noises Off" (Bogdanovich) again yesterday on the DVD... 10/10 :bow: