Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get it. Other people can compliment BA on his knowledge, and that's ok. I express legitimite interest in his opinion, and I get made fun of. Something's not right about that.

It's not too far off to surmise that BA might watch Xanadu, as he said he just watched Roller Boogie, another roller skating based film.

I like Xanadu; I nominated the song Xanadu in my PTT. I am intersted in the newly released remastered version, but can't afford it as I don't have a job. Still. I like Xanadu, so get off my back about it.

Don't sweat it , RG . BA likes to throw out a bunch of highbrow names , and then will tell you that he didn't mind " Elsa : She-Witch of the SS " . His watching or being complimentary of "Xanadu" is not a thing that would surprise me in the least .

Personally , I think BA and I would have a difficult time together in a video rental store , as he and I differ on art for art's sake , I think :laughing:

P.S . For what it's worth , the song beats the movie by a bunch . :)

I just don't get it. Other people can compliment BA on his knowledge, and that's ok. I express legitimite interest in his opinion, and I get made fun of. Something's not right about that.

It's not too far off to surmise that BA might watch Xanadu, as he said he just watched Roller Boogie, another roller skating based film.

I like Xanadu; I nominated the song Xanadu in my PTT. I am intersted in the newly released remastered version, but can't afford it as I don't have a job. Still. I like Xanadu, so get off my back about it.

I share my beloved C-girl's love of all things Xanadu. Anybody got a problem with it? Kevin, don't make me come over there and kick your behind southern style.

Shanny, I'd never make fun of you.

Well, maybe I will, sometime but in a nice way. But I wasn't doing so this time.

Shannon, if you were responding to my comment about "sarcastic sincerity," please know that I was just making a play on words about something Joe said - not you. And nonsensically it had nothing to do with Xanadu!

You're one of my favorite peeps around these parts, and I would never ever say something about you or your posts to intentionally cause hurt feelings. Ever.

Ok then. I am no longer perturbed. But DO NOT get all up in my kool-aid about Xanadu. And I have no idea where you people are getting "Shan" or "Shanny." I have never been either a day in my life.

So, what are you saying? It has to be Shannon?

You must have a nickname that you're not telling us. I call Blue Fish "Bloof". I call Epiphany "Piph". What would you like me to call you?

Xanadu is the best of its kind of movie. I mean, if we were to list the best of guilty pleasure films, that one would definitely come up. However, it's the kind of movie that one had to be there to see it - either as a kid or as an adult, preferrably as a kid. I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone under 30 because they wouldn't "get" how a technically-bad movie would still be totally awersome. It's bad, but fun in a campy way. You certainly can't force yourself to like it. You either do or you don't. I just happened to see these two movies at a time when I was an impressionable kid who liked bright, shiny objects. Almost 3 decades later and it still piques my interest... and, I must say, chicks today don't possess the cute-yet-kinda-hot looks Linda Blair and Olivie Newton-John had back then. That, too, is from a different time and a different place :beatnik:

I've yet to see a remastered version of either movie. I saw Xanadu a few years ago, but it wasn't the new version with the song album that's included.

I totally agree. It's an either you get it or don't experience. I saw it for the first time recently (I'm 33, over your 30 year cut off, just slightlty.) I could not believe how bad it really was, and then I watched it again and now, well, it's a unique experience to say the least. I was five when the film came out, and I adored Olivia Newton-John. She is luminescent in the film.

Basically what I want from any bonus features or director commentary is to hear some one admit that they took a lot of cocaine when the film was pitched. Animated fish? Yes. Drugs had to be involved in Xanadu's conception.

The made for TV movie The Temptations. I loved it...10/10! The actors were great, the story was both uplifting and sad, and obviously the music was fantastic. It was based on Otis Williams' book, so of course it is skewed to make him look like a saint. Here's a video of the actors recreating "My Girl". Dig the choreography. Clickity!

I saw Xanadu again a few days ago. There's no commentary or nuthin'. This is the old release, but it shouldn't discourage anyone from seeing this craptastic movie. Plus, Olivia Neuter-John looked hot in it. The one thing I really like is the song collection. That's actually quite good in its own right and I'd recommend it to anyone without the benefit of seeing the movie :rockon: