Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

Just got back from seeing Sex and the City. And OMG what a great flick! I went to the 11 a.m. show and the theatre was almost full, which shocked the hell outta me. I figured the early show would be mostly empty. But believe it or not it was about 40% men there... now, whether or not they were card-carrying alpha men I have no clue.

But this movie was really truly sincerely laugh-out-loud funny! And I don't mean in a chick-flick way. It was just a funny, fun flick.

I give it two thumbs up absolutely. 10/10 and then some.

Andy did, however, express his sincere thanks that I did not ask him to go with me. :grin: :grin:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same here, loved it! Made me smile from the start. I debated about whether I should wear something fabulous to honour the occasion, and a couple of women actually had!

the cinema was packed btw and 90% women, was quite amusing. I did think that the girls looked like they had aged a lot, I don't know whether it's because it has been 3 years (?) , or whether it's the big screen that's unflattering.

definitely buying when it comes out on DVD, it will be joining series 1-6!

I saw the latest Indiana Jones film. The ending was a little ridiculous even for an Indy film, but I really liked the rest, so I'll say 8/10. For me, Indy can't do very much wrong, so I'm more forgiving than a casual viewer of the series.

So many comments about Harrison Ford being old. He looks DAMN good for that age and from what I read, he hit the gym hard so that when they tried his old costume on from the last film, it needed no tailoring. Probably less close-ups, yeah, but still the old Indy humor. What does Karen Allen preserve herself in, though....I want some! She has aged very little in 25 years.

Robin Hood: Blinkin, listen to me. They've taken the castle!

Blinkin: I thought it felt a bit drafty. Cor, this never would have happened if your father was alive.

Robin Hood: He's dead?

Blinkin: Yes.

Robin Hood: And my mother?

Blinkin: She died of pneumonia while... oh, you were away...

Robin Hood: My brothers?

Blinkin: There were all killed by the plague.

Robin Hood: My dog, Pogo?

Blinkin: Run over by a carriage.

Robin Hood: My goldfish, Goldie?

Blinkin: Eaten by the cat.

Robin Hood: [on the verge of tears] My cat?

Blinkin: Choked on the goldfish.

[pause]

Blinkin: Oh, it's good to be home, ain't it, Master Robin?

:crazy: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There Will Be Blood 6/10. I must admit I was disappointed by this movie. Daniel Day Lewis' performance as an oilman whose obsession and compulsive behaviour lead to murder and madness, is extraordinary. He is one of the most gifted actors of his generation. But even his remarkable performance could not, for me, elevate the movie above the average.

I thought the plot was predictable and the pace of the movie was plodding for the most part.

Heartbreak Kid 5/10 I think the Farrely brothers peaked with There's Something About Mary. I like Ben Stiller, but the laughs in the Heartbreak Kid were few and far between. On the bright side, the soundtrack was quite good.

The Bucket List arrived from Netflix yesterday and we watched it last night. While I am a big fan of both Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman I expected to be disappointed by this film.

What a pleasant surprise for me as I expected little more than silly, zany, even slapstick comedy.

Yes, there was some of that but in between were some very interesting thoughts on living and dying. A subject that has held my interest for quite some time now. I should have expected as much from Rob Reiner I suppose.

Anyway, I rate the movie 8/10 and I have no qualms about recommending it.

I hate it when I'm expecting to see a really really good movie, because then I'm ultimately disappointed. Like with "Titanic."

If, however, I go in with no expectations whatsoever, I find that the movie is that much more enjoyable. Like with "Sex and the City." :)

The Bucket List arrived from Netflix yesterday and we watched it last night. While I am a big fan of both Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman I expected to be disappointed by this film.

What a pleasant surprise for me as I expected little more than silly, zany, even slapstick comedy.

Yes, there was some of that but in between were some very interesting thoughts on living and dying. A subject that has held my interest for quite some time now. I should have expected as much from Rob Reiner I suppose.

Anyway, I rate the movie 8/10 and I have no qualms about recommending it.

My sentiments exactly. It was predictable at times, but it was also very moving and quite funny.

I saw the Incredible Hulk today. Typical escapist summer fare. Edward Norton was an improvement on Eric Bana and TIm Roth was quite convincing as the "bad guy" Blonsky. This movie was more faithful to the original Marvel character than was the Ang Lee film(which I quite liked). The climactic battle between the Hulk and the Abomination, was quite exciting. Like a lot of action movies, this one contained a line which will undoubtedly become like Go Ahead Make My Day, Hasta La Vista Baby and other oft quoted movie lines. In this case it's " Is That All You've Got?". 8/10

Robert Downey Jr. makes a cameo appearance at the end of the movie, so I'm sure a sequel is in the works (as long as this movie does well at the box office).