Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Vertigo" is definitely one of the best but I think my favourite Hitchcock film is "North by Northwest"! I recently watched a special showing of "the lady vanishes" and it was very interesting as it is very different to all the later HItchcock I've seen.

I haven't seen The Lady Vanishes, but I'm rarin' to get the Criterion dvd release of it :beatnik: One thing I found surprising is how good the original version of The Man Who Knew Too Much is. I like it much better than the latter version everyone is familiar with.

I watched parts of Il Gattopardo. It is good, but it is EPIC at about 3.5 hours. I'll watch it in parts over three or four days.

I watched Cloverfield on the flight back from SFO. Big mistake. Rather than heighten suspense, the director's choice to show the action through the lense of a handheld camcorder was just annoying. The acting was dreadful and the story reminded me of the film Godzilla with Matthew Broderick. 3/10

" The Score " - Robert DeNiro, Brando , Ed Norton :

Entertaining and clever heist movie . Three generations of crooks ( and actors ) after a priceless scepter . Interesting contrasts in characters and acting styles that blend together nicely . Satisfying conclusion . 8/10

I watched Cloverfield on the flight back from SFO. Big mistake. Rather than heighten suspense, the director's choice to show the action through the lense of a handheld camcorder was just annoying. The acting was dreadful and the story reminded me of the film Godzilla with Matthew Broderick. 3/10

I found it to be effective, maybe it's just me or maybe the fact that you watched it on a plane. However, I did not like the fact that you got to see the monster....

• 2 weeks later...

Bee Movie 7/10

Cute kids movie....there was one part that really made me laugh. Otherwise, it was your average cutesy kids movie. Jerry Seinfeld is the voice of Benjamin, a bee who wants to do more than toil away at the honey factory for the rest of his life. Through some adventures, he comes to find out that even the smallest jobs can be very important.

I think TWBB should have won best picture...

It was 100 times better than "Old Country Buffet Is For Old Men", or whatever it was called. I'm sorry, but that did NOT deserve the Oscar for best picture. I would have definitely given it to "There Will Be Blood", or maybe even "American Gangsta" - that one ruled, too.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: