Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a car very similar to the one in the movie. Weaver is driving a '71 Plymouth Valiant, our family had a deep green '73. The car I learned to drive in. I still have the Valiant emblem off the side. That damn car was like Jason from the Friday the 13th movies, you couldn't kill that slant-6 engine.

With "Indiana Jones 4" about to arrive in the theaters, it was time to ride that rollercoaster ride of a movie, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" on DVD. I replaced the CRT with a widescreen LCD unit by ViewSonic and took the time to run the video tests on the disk. Still 9/10 after all these years. :beatnik:

"Be kind to parents, and the near kinsman, and to orphans, and to the needy, and to the neighbor who is of kin, and to the neighbor who is a stranger."

--The Koran

I recently watched the movie "Kandahar". The movie is centered around an Afghan journalist named Nafas who seeks refuge in Canada. She maintains a relationship via letters with her sister, still in Afghanistan. The sister sends a letter to Nafas stating her intent to commit suicide because of the brutal condions imposed on women under the Taliban rule, and has said that this impending suicide would take place just prior to the next solar eclipse, about to happen in a couple of days. Taliban rule forbids women to travel alone so Nafas, wearing the restrictive burqua employs a series of men to get her across the Iran-Afghanistan border. The men only agree out of the desperation for much needed money.

It is a deep look into the darkness that is the Afghanistan woman's reality of life. If you are looking for a buoyant film, this is not it. But if you are looking for something truly thought-provoking, and horizon-widening, check it out...

Ken.

Hahaha. That was awersome. I love that movie.

Last night, I watched Vertigo. HOLY CRIZNAP! I couldn't believe the movie was from 1957 because of the different camera and photography techniques Hitchcock chose to use. It most definitely is the best Alfred Hitchcock movie I have seen up to this point. I've still yet to see a a bunch of his movies, but it's definitely a hard act to follow - even by modern movie-making standards.

Last night, I watched Vertigo

:bow: :bow:

Great movie.

I watched "Footsteps in the Fog" (a very old film with Stewart Granger and Jean Simmons) on tv the other night as I was falling asleep. Of course, I fell asleep and didn´t watch the ending. I asked my friends and family but nobody saw it or remembers. Anyone here knows what happens in the end? :shades:

I watched "Footsteps in the Fog" (a very old film with Stewart Granger and Jean Simmons) on tv the other night as I was falling asleep. Of course, I fell asleep and didn´t watch the ending. I asked my friends and family but nobody saw it or remembers. Anyone here knows what happens in the end? :shades:

here you are...

spoiler alert

Hahaha. That was awersome. I love that movie.

Last night, I watched Vertigo. HOLY CRIZNAP! I couldn't believe the movie was from 1957 because of the different camera and photography techniques Hitchcock chose to use. It most definitely is the best Alfred Hitchcock movie I have seen up to this point. I've still yet to see a a bunch of his movies, but it's definitely a hard act to follow - even by modern movie-making standards.

"Vertigo" is definitely one of the best but I think my favourite Hitchcock film is "North by Northwest"! I recently watched a special showing of "the lady vanishes" and it was very interesting as it is very different to all the later HItchcock I've seen.

Ghost and the Darkness is one of my favorite movies. 1. I like Val Kilmer. 2. It was suspenseful. 3. It was based on actual events. 4. I like Val Kilmer 5. It was a well acted movie. 6. Michael Douglas was good in it, too. There was a ending I didn't see comin'! :grin:

I've seen that movie probably 4 times, and I'd watch it again in a heartbeat.

"Vertigo" is definitely one of the best but I think my favourite Hitchcock film is "North by Northwest"! I recently watched a special showing of "the lady vanishes" and it was very interesting as it is very different to all the later HItchcock I've seen.

Vertigo & Rear Window are my favorites.

"Forgetting Sarah Marshall" funny in spots, but not nearly as good as I'd heard .... 6.5/10