Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She has a major crush on Johnny Depp right now, due in part to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. The question will be...is she still going to think he's a hunk after Sweeney Todd? Are movie ratings too restrictive these days? She told me she saw the gory parts on Youtube already!

I am the rottenest mother on this planet. I have taken my son to see "Superbad," and wished I could disappear under the seat.

This time I took him to see "Harold And Kumr," and wished a sinkhole would open up under my seat and swallow us whole.

Never again will I take my son to see a movie he selects.

Harold and Kumar is a man's movie for a very immature man. It's funny in some parts, but most of it's body jokes, sex stuff, the kind of things you just don't want to be sitting next to your 14-year-old-son when they roll those scenes out, you know.

Years ago when Dumb & Dumber came out, my niece told me about going to see it with her dad and her uncle. It was the reverse of what you felt...she was mortified to be with these two adult guys who were going into hysterics with the tasteless jokes...

Sweeney todd was great and I loved that persona of Johnny Depp, it was dark and weird like edward scissorhands! But I guess I am a bit of a freak, I would guess that your 14-year old would not particularly fancy someone dressed in all black who kills people with a razor! or maybe not!

It is quite gory though, it depends on how sensitive she is. You do see all the blood flowing out when he cuts their heads off but it looks quite fake at the same time.

Years ago when Dumb & Dumber came out, my niece told me about going to see it with her dad and her uncle. It was the reverse of what you felt...she was mortified to be with these two adult guys who were going into hysterics with the tasteless jokes...

I watched Dumb And Dumber with my son, and he and I both laughed our butts off throughout that. But there was no nudity, no degrading-towards-women sex, that movie was mostly just two guys being stupid and making fun of themselves.

Harold and Kumar, and Superbad are both chock full of sex, guy-talk type of sex talk, guy jokes about women, just degrading stuff. I know the genre now and I will keep away. :crazy:

I picked up the Collector's Edition of Spielberg's directorial debut, the superb 1971 "Duel". Starring Dennis Weaver and a menacing 1964 Peterbilt. In this age of Blu-Ray and jaw dropping special effects it holds it's own pretty well. Well enough that at the movie's conclusion, my 15 year old son said "That was awesome. That was one of the best movies I've ever seen." and asked me to make a copy for his friend. If you've not seen the film and are a fan of action/suspense, you'll not be disappointed.

Read the Rotten Tomatoes review here.

Ken.

Laurie, the collectors edition is hysterical. I never noticed, but in several scenes, you can see Spielberg crouched in the back seat giving direction to Dennis Weaver. Spielberg himself points out all the flaws. Still an awesome movie and you can see the influence in "Jaws".

And keep a wary eye on your rearview. You never know when something may creep up behind you, bleary windshield and blowin' smoke as black as coal, sounding a long single insane note on a ragged airhorn....

duelsurvive28adae7.jpg

Duel is the best TV Movie ever made. It's also timeless. I will definitely watch the collector's edition. It all started as a short story in Playboy Magazine.

Joe, the Collector's Edition has a lengthy interview with the writer Richard Matheson. It was (loosely) based on a true story...