Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

I saw Juno this weekend and thought it definitely lived up to the hype. Great flick. A little weird, because I don't know any kids that talk like that! :crazy: My son told me he liked the way they talked in the movie. But a good story, and very strong character.

I also saw "There Will Be Blood," and liked it so much. Daniel Day-Lewis plays a self-absorbed schmuck so very well. At any rate, I liked it much much better than "No Country."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I almost forgot that she was pregnant and that the other couple couldn't have kids... which seemed to have been intentionally left out by the end in order to drive the point that Juno "came of age." If this passes for "good" screenwriting, editing, and directing (with music score non-existent/forgettable), I'd hate to see what they'd think is "bad" :beatnik:

The fact that the husband from the "other couple" turned her world upside down by opting out of the deal (and the marriage) was the trigger for her change. It was the key to her "coming of age" and to the movie's ending.

I'd be curious to hear your opinion of the screenwriting, editing and direction of No Country For Old Men.

I'm piqued by the little that I have seen and read of No Country.... I'm going out on a limb in thinking I will probably like it - and the funny thing is that a couple of people have already recommended it to me based on what they know I like. Same goes for There Will Be Blood. I've only seen the trailers for that one. I'm waaaay behind on current movies.

I watched 21 today, and I really liked it for the most part.... but why why why does there always have to be some sort of love story involved? Why can't people just count cards, or shoot rival gangs, or chase the police down the highway or rob banks or whatever without falling in love with the next-best girl? :doh: Completely unnecessary! It just interrupts the movie

Across the Universe is wonderful! I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a film this much. The use of the music, the storyline, and the use of the events of the day, all made for a great musical. I didn't want it to end. 10/10!

forgetting sarah marshall:

was pleasantly surprised, it was really funny! i loved seeing veronica mars in a movie, the lead actor was very funny, and russell brand's character was basically him! 8/10

30 days of night:

entertaining, interesting twist on the vampire theme but like most horror films, a lot of it was pretty silly! 5.5/10