Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

I loved the movie, but the ending sucked out loud!

The ending wasn't what I expected, to be sure. But I think it's great that it didn't have the fairytale Hollywood ending. It was such an emotional trip, and the way it ended tied in really well with the rest of the journey... he f***ed up, and it hit him smack in the face in that final scene.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How final? I thought what happened right after his conversation with Morgan Freeman (not saying more, maybe someone here will want to watch it) was the worst part, not what led to that. Though if by final scene you mean the very final scene when she leaves the house and the two of them are alone, then I agree.

Watching Daniel Day Lewis pick up Best Actor for "There Will Be Blood," I casually mentioned "My Left Foot" to a visiting college friend. He didn't know about it, so it was time for the landmark Christy Brown movie. (9/10) This got me thinking, so the next movie up for screening is "Koyaanisqatsi" to see if it packs a visual/aural punch. :couch:

I watched All You Need Is Cash yesterday, about The Rutles... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

But in fact it was all a ghastly mistake. Nasty, talking to a slightly deaf journalist, had claimed only that the Rutles were bigger than Rod. Rod Stewart would not be big for another eight years, and certainly at this stage hadn't had a hit.

And the interviews with Mick Jagger were great :laughing:

10/10 of course :grin:

^ :thumbsup: Good call !

I, unfortunately , had the misfortune of a run in with Robin Williams in The Final Cut ( 2004 ) . A wanna-be-cool Sci-Fi about people having memory chips planted in their heads so that their entire lives can be recorded . The sole purpose in this is that when they die , family and friends can watch an edited re-memory 'film ' of their lives when they die ... that's it ... get it ? I didn't . Williams plays a 'cutter' who , like a mortician , does this editing job , but , of , course , has his own boring issues . :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

2/10 ( simply for sucking one into something that seemed like it was going to go somewhere )

Edited by Guest

the next movie up for screening is "Koyaanisqatsi"

Koyaanisqatsi is pretty cool, it can get really boring at times (like a 3 minute slo-mo shot of a plane taxiing on a runway) but it has some pretty cool shots in it. The only thing I didn't really like was the music, I thought it was pretty corny.

Runaway Jury 8.5/10

the plot is your average Grisham (not that that's necessarily a bad thing) with a nice twist, but most points are for Gene Hackman, John Cusack and especially Dustin Hoffman

("You've got mustard on your tie"

"Yeah, I did that on purpose")

:grin: :thumbsup:

I watched A Clockwork Orange today. Can you even give Kubrick's movies a rating? They're more like works of art than entertainment. Needless to say, it's brilliant, but at the same time it's not an "oh I can watch that again and again" movie. It's far too haunting for that, visually and thematically.

haha, I just watched Full Metal Jacket.

ditto on the whole 'work of art' thing... no one makes movies like Kubrick

tho if I had to pick an absolute faveorite, I'd have to go Strangelove, I know it's not his most intricate or 'arty' but it's soooo funny

"MEIN FUER I CAN WALK!"

it's all the more impressive that Peter Sellers was the only actor that Kubrick ever let improvise.