Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

The Simpsons are watching an Itchy & Scratchy movie at the cinema

Homer: Boring!

Lisa: Dad, we can't see the movie!

Homer: I can't believe we're paying to see something we get on T.V. for free. If you ask me, everybody in this theater is a giant sucker, (Homer turns to face the audience, and points straight forward, as if referring to the viewer) especially YOU!

9.5/10 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase could use another Fletch script. Soon.

PS: I just saw the movie, "The Number 23". What garbage! Having trouble getting to sleep? Then this is the movie for you. I challenge you to stay awake for, oh let's see....23 minutes?

Carrey could use a Fletch script, too.

" Becket" - Peter O'Toole/ Richard Burton

Need I say more ? This has been beutifully restored and looks like a new movie -putting the 'finest ' actors of our present time to shame - as far as historical recreations go . If you don't like this - I will pay your rental fee ! Guaranteed ! 10/10 .

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Wild Hogs last night. While somewhat predictable, I have to say it was one of the funnier movies I've seen in a good while. John Travolta, Tim Allen, William Macy, and Martin Lawrence play well off each other. It's definately worth the time spent. 9/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Tamano Natural, dir. Luis G. Berlanga.

The latest movie I bought and it turned out to be better than I expected. Very strange, but good for repeat viewings. It has a score by Maurice Jarre :headphones:

That´s an amazing film... :bow: It was called "Grandeur Nature", for some reason (censorship) Berlanga shooted it in France and it was very beautiful, and sad, and touching, and funny... :) :) :) I loved Michel Piccoli and his love story... I saw that film in the early seventies and I´d love to watch it again.

I was a very close friend of one of his sons (the director´s) and he told how Piccoli and his then wife, Juliette Gréco, used to go to their house quite often in Spain. This has nothing to do with the movie but it will always remind me of my late friend.

Yeah, I thought it was weird that it was shot in France, but it's a full-on Spanish movie. At first, I thought the movie was funny and eccentric, but the more I think about it and after a couple of more viewings it's kind of sad... in an angsty kind of way. The movie plays back in my mind and most of what I can remember are the scenes towards the end. I'm surprised this movie didn't get a wider release in North America (if it did at all). Most people who have seen it, remember it - even if it was one time decades ago. That's the power of good filmmaking :beatnik:

Hustle and Flow. I'd heard this was a good movie. At first, I thought I'd made a mistake, that it was just another bad rap movie. Wrong. It's got a message and makes a real statement, which you realize the further into it you get. Pretty darn good... 8.5/10

Just got done watching Superman Returns...I've only seen the very first Superman movie, I haven't seen any of the others..not even sure how many there are...but anyways...I watched this tonight because I was completely bored on a Saturday night...It was an okay movie, very predictable. I liked Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther, but that's about all I liked about the movie....

I give it 6/10 I guess...

Now I'm watching Shattered on TNT...just started about half hour ago...so not sure if this is gonna be any good either....

^ I ended up changing the station, and watched SNL instead, much more entertaining... :P

Edited by Guest

The other I can recall is Maitresse with Gerard Depardieu. That one was from the same director who did the Idi Amin Dada docu. I think his last name is "Barbet."

Barbet Schroeder is a French director, he made also the Pink Floyd soundtracks movies ("More", "La Vallée-Obscured by Clouds") and also "Reverse of Fortune" and some others I can´t recall now...

Crash! Boom! Bang! HEEYA! Slice! Thud! Biff! Pow!

MSO decided to end the Summer of 2007 with two exclamation points. Two weekends of action-adventure movies is enough of a change from "easy movies"

"The Bourne Ultimatum" (9/10) Running from the biggest traffic tie up Moscow has ever seen, Jason Bourne's flaky memory kicks in at an awkward moment. Then it's off to Paris, Morocco, and NYC to return to the beginning. The "assets" prove to be tougher than usual, and a humble fax machine has a pivotal role. The mano a mano death match in Morocco went by faster than I could see, while the East River sojourn went on for quite a while.

"Rush Hour 3" (7/10) Uh-oh, the incredibly dynamic duo are at it again, leaving a trail of wrecked cars, smashed furniture, and break off pieces of the Eiffel tower to boot. Just what Chinese Tongs have to do with Paris stretches disbelief beyond the elasticity of a large French flag. However, there's enough action to cover most of the plot holes, and briefly introduce a murderous female assassin seeking to perforate Jackie Chan's character. Edwin Starr must be scratching his head over the final scene, too. :afro: