Rate the Last Movie You've Seen

Farin

I saw a 1983 docu called Style Wars and I felt like I was a kid again wanting to become a "bomber" or a "tagger" :cool: Of course, living in Cali that carries an actual jail sentence, so it's good to have the movie around and watch it over and over to marvel at how crazy some of those designs got. The whole movie and the people featured in it are made of WIN and GOD! :rockon:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay Farin!! That's a great OLD movie! :grin: :thumbsup: :grin:

I watched "The Departed" Friday. Great plot, another Scorcese triumph (obviously I agree with the Academy! :doh: ). I'm not a huge Matt Damon or Di Caprio fan, but I liked both of them in this movie. Definatly worth the time.

9/10 :thumbsup:

Happ Feet....9-10. One of the most entertaining family movies I have seen as of late. I gave it to my daughter for Easter and we have watched it 3 times alread. The penguins are loveable and the soundtrack is cool. It also has a message about the enviorment blended in. Even if you don't have children, you will love this movie.

I went to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 'bout a week ago and it was a piece of crap. It had the look of a Cartoon Network Sunday movie. It was baaad, but not in a cool way. It's still better than 300 and Grindhouse COMBINED, though, so all is not lost. Overall, wait for it to show up on your local Cartoon Network.

Children of Men...i fell asleep through half of it...it didnt catch my interest at all!

The Departed...Awesome! Amazing FREAKIN MOVIE!!! 100/10 Just, great!

Rocky Balboa...I didnt think they would spice it up, and at first i had lost hope in it, cause it took so long for him to start beatin somebody up! Then they ran the fight like an ESPN boxing match, looked like you were watching sports on TV. 10/10

The Pursuit of Happyness...This movie had me gripped from the beginning. Movie was awesomely done, and Will Smith played an awesome character, and so did the little boy. It was just awesome! definitely a 100/100

Happy Feet...Made me laugh alot for a kids movie, and it had alot of "adult themes" i thought. I liked it, makes it so the parents dont get bored. Hilarious! Robin Williams my Favorite actor, great job. 1000/1000

American History X

This is possibly one of the best movies I have ever seen. The message is so powerful, and it really makes you understand why some of the neo-Nazi's become that way. The cinematograhpy is the best I have ever seen in any movie, and the black and white scences are the most moving and emotional from almost any movie. It may be hard to watch, but this can't be missed.

The Prestige- 9/10

Worth watching for two reasons: 1) The last twenty minutes. 2) David Bowie plays a slavic inventor. But seriously, I must have said WHAT THE HELL?!? at least five times during those final twenty minutes. I saw that first twist coming, but everything after that really intercoursed with my mind.

Click- 6/10

Not bad, not good. Adam Sandler always manages to be obnoxious, Christopher Walken always manages to be awesome. Watch it if you're really bored on a rainy day, it's not worth taking time for really.

American History X

This is possibly one of the best movies I have ever seen. The message is so powerful, and it really makes you understand why some of the neo-Nazi's become that way. The cinematograhpy is the best I have ever seen in any movie, and the black and white scences are the most moving and emotional from almost any movie. It may be hard to watch, but this can't be missed.

I agree 100% :thumbsup:

I feel one of the simplest and best lines I ever wrote was contained within a poem from my father's perspective where he is explaining something he learned late in life about human relations:

"I am more when you are more"

This is at the heart of the movie I am briefly reviewing. For you, for me, for everyone, see this movie ..... please.

Saw Lackawanna Blues on cable last night. What a simply great movie! Simple in that it contains no computer animations, high-tech special effects, no bloodletting through empirical battling nor erotically charged scenes of exposed flesh - though the latter two elements are not far from the surface in some scenes. Great because it speaks to the heart of the matter of sustaining harmony among lives joined together on earth.

This is a deluxe volume character study, with a multi-studded cast one knows BEGGED to be in this movie, after reading the script. Moreover this gem is the recreation of an actual life of a black woman born in Virginia in the early 20th century. Told through the eyes of a boy she raised, strong-willed and even stronger-hearted, "Mom", as everyone knew her, soon left the typical southern life of a domestic servant and migrated to Lackawanna, NY to build small businesses until she could afford to purchase a very large boarding house through which the teeming unwanted refuse of humanity would come or go or stay to live permanently, but all be touched by her grace-filled honesty and strength of character, eventually transformed internally by being accepted for the best of who they were (sounds a bit like the American Dream, what?)

This is not a tear jerker movie. It has no contrivances to twist the viewer emotionally. It is forthcoming in telling a story and letting the viewer determine who its heroes and villians may be - and there are many. In this respect it IS like life and a story to which we can all relate when feeling that life is a lonely vacuum or with little promise or few rewards.

This day particularly, we need more people with the strength of "Mom" and many fewer of the so-called strong screen personas seen in Lara Croft and the Kill Bill series. Because, as we see in Lackawanna Blues, the children are watching.

Yeah, Children Of Men was a terrible movie. Shaky camera does not a good movie make. Shaky camera = amateur video project in high school.

I agree, I only saw about half an hour of it, but it did not grab hold of my interest at all. I was meaning to see Pan's Labyrinth that night or El Laberinto Del Fauno- since it's a Spanish language movie, but the idiot kid at the ticket counter told us we could hold enough tickets for everyone and then by the time I got to the counter he said it was sold out, ugh.

So if anyone has seen that I'd really love to know how it was.

So I was pretty much forced to watch Saw 3 instead. I guess it was okay if you like that sort of thing...but I don't. I think the storyline was weak, repetitive and predictable, it could have been better if the writer's used their imaginations for more than just thinking of sadistic ways to kill people.

Oh... and I saw Ray the other week. It was a fantastic movie, great writing, acting and camera movements...it felt real to me. I'd give it a 10/10 and recommend that anyone watch it, it's such a fascinating movie.

I agree, I only saw about half an hour of it, but it did not grab hold of my interest at all.

people, people! i couldn't disagree more! i thought children of men was an incredible movie. it was frightening, thought-provoking, visually stunning and so moving. i love all the references to literature and to art, both modern and pop. and the use of music, so deliberate and appropriate. it's an extremely clever movie. there are a number of incredibly long takes in the movie. for example, that shot with the terrorist attack on the car. you're just sitting there with your heart in your mouth, waiting for the shot to end! i love this movie and can't wait to see it again!

I was meaning to see Pan's Labyrinth that night or El Laberinto Del Fauno- since it's a Spanish language movie, but the idiot kid at the ticket counter told us we could hold enough tickets for everyone and then by the time I got to the counter he said it was sold out, ugh.

So if anyone has seen that I'd really love to know how it was.

pan's labyrinth is an amazing movie. it's a fascinating combination of imaginative fantasy and brutal reality. the acting is superb and the visuals are incredible. i highly recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...